Other Skills: Crewing/Personnel Logistics, STCW Certification,
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Global offshore support vessel owner/operator is looking to recruit an experienced Crewing Coordinator
The Crewing coordinator is part of the Shared Service Crewing function. Their primary role is to support the various areas of operations in providing qualified, experienced and medically fit crew and ensuring that all allocated vessels are correctly manned. As an internal service department, the Shared Service Center's focus is to provide a high level of customer service to the organization whilst meeting the expectations of external clients.
The Crewing Coordinator reports to the Shared Services Crewing Manager and will work alongside a Crewing administratior
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the all policies and procedures, related to fleet personnel/crewing, within the Safe Operations and Safety Management systems are adhered to
- Maintaining compliance with the Maritime Labour Convention and the STCW 2010
- Liaising with the vessels' area of operation to understand ongoing crewing needs in relation to client requirements and identifying gaps in the crew schedules
- Crewing vessels cost effectively
- Working with manning agents to coordinate the arrival of crews, including assisting with visa and travel documents
- Answering telephone calls and emails and responding to all queries raised in a timely manner
- Carry out payroll reporting duties to ensure that the crew are paid on time for days worked and reimbursed for any out of pocket expenses and deducted for any cash advances
- Maintaining system data to the highest standard, ensuring hires and terminations are processed within the laid down time-scales
- Reporting any non-conformities to the Shared Service Crewing Manager prior to on-boarding
- Keeping adequate records for audit and compliance purposes (internal and external)
- Providing management information as requested to the Area Managers/Financial Controllers where necessary
- Good standard of education
Preferred Working Experience:
- 2 years Marine Crewing
- International personnel logistics
- Good understanding of STCW certification
Personal Qualities and Skills:
- Structured, accurate and systematic.
- Proactive problem solving skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills, good at building relationships.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in English language.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications.