Skills: Commercial Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
The person in charge should:
- Drive business performance by delivering business development excellence through understanding of our customer needs, offering them with professional and innovative waste management solutions.
- Understand the regulation framework, set up a survey of the waste & biomass market, and identify the main stakeholder to define the right commercial strategy.
- Guarantee the improvement of Geocycle services to keep Geocycle as a premium brand.
MAIN ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve and exceed period targets in accordance with all company procedures and code of business conduct
- Maximize revenue through increased sales activities for new and existing clients
- Identify sales opportunities and potential customers
- Responsible for self-generating and qualifying leads from a variety of sources as well as appointments with potential customers and stakeholders
- Pipeline management: Build sales pipeline, develop and implement sales activity plans across the period and year.
- Conduct professional meetings, comprehensively questioning and listening to fully understand customer requirements
- Develop and deliver presentation to customers and other stakeholders
- Prepare commercial offer / Tender to be reviewed and discussed with the Geocycle Manager and manage tender process
- Liaise, develop and build close business relationships with stakeholders such as state and local governments authorities, and other environment regulators in Nigeria
- Effectively communicate with other department to ensure that customer requirement are met, and any issue are resolved in a timely manner
- Build up and maintain the knowhow on legal requirements and restrictions about waste management and any other regulation influencing waste pre-treatment and co-processing (in cooperation with Legal department)
- Support the country in permanent relationships with stakeholders and participate to specific events related to AF/ARM usage
- Identify opportunities in AF/ARM market in the country, anticipate key development opportunities for business as well as ensure permanent market assessment (production, collection, disposal) including market intelligence (knowledge of different players and their practices)
- Provide the reporting for the Geocycle commercial activities in the country
- Participate in preparing budget proposals for Geocycle in the country
List of direct reports:
- Head of Geocycle
Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships:
- Geocycle Manager
- Geocycle Logistics/Operation Coordinator.
- Plant Manager / Plant AF/ARM Champion
- Communication Managers, Lobbying, Strategy, Environment, Finance/Accounting, Legal
- Geocycle region & corporate
- Professional organizations (waste and cement)
- Partner companies
- Waste producers
- Waste collection / disposal companies
- Waste producer
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The position holder fully represents the Country's AF and ARM sourcing activity. The successful candidate must be able to make immediate decisions concerning commercial aspects of AF and ARM sourcing according to the internal rules of decision.
- Business and sales development proven experience, preferably in service
- > 5 years of experience
- Cement and/or Waste Management Background
- Very good understanding of waste market and associated legal framework developments
- Sales & Marketing
- Ability to develop business cases
- Strong appreciation of commercial developments in waste collection & transport, treatment, recovery and disposal technologies, cement manufacturing
- Organization Development skills
- Decision Making
- Ability to work in a diverse and multinational environment and to engage with broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial mindset, agility and drive to exploit developments within innovative and fast moving sector
- Very Good negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and influential skills
- Strong leadership skills
- High Adaptability and Resilience
- Result oriented
- Marketing sense
- Business focused with a strategic vision and the ability to develop, formulate strategy and exercise good judgment.
- Analytical Skills
- Strong sense of ethics
- Lead by example on values and culture
- Strong leadership, relationship building and change management skills
- Ability to challenge and teamwork
- Performance oriented and customer focused
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to convince with excellent lobbying skills.
- Ability to inspire and mobilize people (both direct reports and a broad range of others) to deliver great results
- Integrity and honesty.
- Key skills expected includes: problem-solving skills, decision making ability, organisational skills, Ability to analyse data and understand connections,
- Sound negotiation and influencing skills.
- Self-driven; ability to work independently with external stakeholders with limited supervision.