Skills: HR - General, PR / Corporate Communications, Sales
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Waukomis, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Supervise fishing tool services at a well site for the correction of a down hole problem through management of employees and contractors on a job site. Ability to operate and knowledge of all tools, equipment and operations to correct downhole problems and efficiently complete the job.
Reports to: Area Manager, Assistant Area Manager
Directs Reports: None
- Uses critical thinking to diagnose the cause of problems and develop a strategy for correcting the problem
- Drives vehicle with trailer loaded with tools to job site to perform operations
- Determines the need and use of equipment when on a fishing job which includes how to properly condition hole and the preparation necessary to begin fishing operation
- Advises customer on the proper procedures to perform a fishing operation and provides instruction on proper procedures, tools and equipment for the job
- Supervises the entire fishing operation including directing the activities of Basic and/or third party personnel at the job site
- Prepares and keeps accurate paperwork of tools run in the hole, on delivery tickets, job reports and other administrative forms
- Promotes sales of fishing tool services, including calling on customers and potential customers
- As required, runs and maintains reverse circulating unit if performing reverse unit operations
- May be required to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of duplex, triplex pumps, and various hydraulic power swivels
- Extensive knowledge of fishing tools
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in oilfield with working knowledge of rigs and downhole experience
- Valid Driver’s license and acceptable MVR
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse group including customers, managers, contractors and well service personnel
- Ability to work independently in an environment under pressure in emergency situations and where priorities change quickly
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand basic English
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks
- Ability to travel over 50%
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Basic computer skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Mobility, including entering confined spaces, entering areas by the use of ladders or other access devices up to 115’; ability to bend, stoop, twist, stand, squat, crawl and walk, and long periods of standing or sitting
- Exposure to working outdoors and extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Significant amount of required driving time
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment