Primary Job Responsibilities
- Experienced Smart Plat Reference Data (SPRD) spec building; in the managing catalog and in depth knowledge of Design System Reference Data requirements.
- Working knowledge in using industrial codes and standards (i.e. ASME, ASTM, API, MSS)
- Very knowledgeable of developing and maintaining piping materials specifications and liaison with all associated disciplines in order to complete and issue the specifications.
- Thorough understanding calculations for ASME Maximum Allowable Working Pressure (MAWP) wall thickness and branch tables.
- Experience in gathering information to perform technical bid evaluations.
- Develop fabrication/construction specifications of all piping components and materials.
- Check the review of bid tabulations on quotations received.
- Check calculations made by other piping spec engineers
- Learn to assist the Piping Engineering Lead in various project activities.
- Coordinate with other Group and Department members specifically, the piping MTO team of specialists and their effort, metallurgists, welding engineers, non-metals materials engineers/specialists, pipe line class specifications engineers.
Training and Experience
- 10+ years of total experience required
- Experience in engineering and/or construction work process
- Extensive MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- experience with piping and valve manufacturers and pipe shops
- Small capital project experienced
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.