Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor, Toolpusher, Drilling Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The Instructor, Drilling Practices is responsible for assisting in the running of the Pacific Drilling Training
Center. In this role he/she will assist in the design of internal Pacific Drilling training courses and teach
these courses to company personnel.
Department / Location
Pacific Drilling Corporate Office, Houston, Texas, USA
The position scope is to use his/her technical expertise with a Cyberbase simulator to teach courses
which will effectively increase the capability of our offshore crew throughout the fleet. This position
will assist in running the Pacific Drilling Training facility.
Qualifications and Experience
He/she must have:
- Experience with cyber drilling chair
- Technical degree or equivalent on the job training time and experience
- Strong understanding of well control activities
- Valid Well Control Certificate - Driller or Supervisor Level (IWCF or IADC)
- Experience as an instructor is a plus.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards, and applicable process documentation.
- Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right the first time and every time, and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of effective training programs for the Pacific Drilling Training Center and ensure the training programs meet all Pacific Drilling Standards and Policies.
- Become a company subject matter expert on drilling simulators and be able to convey this knowledge to students.
- Keep training records and be able to coordinate with the operations, HR, and training departments, as well as the rigs, to ensure that these records are kept and distributed in accordance with Pacific Drilling standards.
- Ability to work through and discuss real world problems that students raise during training courses.
- On completion of each training course, complete an honest appraisal/assessment form for each student.
- Continuously monitor the progress and behavior of each student and provide coaching to the students who require assistance and, time permitting adapt the training program to suit specific delegates' needs.
- Review new vendor and industry training content on a continuing basis to stay abreast of constant change to ensure the program is adaptable and kept up-to-date.
- Prepare all required course material in preparation for commencement of classes.
- Ensure that all training equipment is maintained in a fully functional state and complies with all PDC and regulatory policies.
- Focal point for the training equipment manufacturer and liaise with the same for any maintenance, spare parts, troubleshooting, and any other issues related to the training equipment.
- Ensure that the training material and content is compliant with the OPITO or IADC Standards (where applicable).
- Promote PDC core values, HSE Systems, and ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to throughout the course.
- Train to be able to effectively replace Senior Instructor, Drilling Practices position within 12 to 18 months of taking position.
- Required to live within commuting distance of Pacific Drilling corporate office in Houston.
Pacific Drilling is a fast growing company that is dedicated to becoming the preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor. The employees of Pacific Drilling consist of a group of hard working, results driven and passionate people. At the core of our company values is a customer oriented environment that operates with the utmost integrity.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, we would like to hear from you!