Our client is looking for a Lead Contract Performance on a permanent basis.
- This position will proactively work to optimise the performance of the key contracts within the asset and improve the commercial position for the Asset and the company whilst ensuring compliance to the contract; this includes reviewing the quality of delivery and optimising the Company's commercial position.
- Proactively implementing performance initiatives by monitoring, managing and reporting on the performance of contracts of strategic importance to the asset, whilst seeking performance improvements, efficiencies and cost optimisation.
- Embedding a culture of continuous improvement with responsibility for ensuring the sharing of lessons learned and best practice
- Oversee all Asset Contracts & Procurement activities, ensuring compliance with Company policies, procedures and legislation, whilst optimising Asset performance and profitabiiity.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the SHE Policy and maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company SHE standards.
- Responsible for establishing and recommending for approval the Asset Procurement Plan; including follow up of deviations and changes throughout the year.
- Ensure that the Asset Procurement Plan and subsequent execution includes the appropriate time allowance for JV Partner communication and approvals.
- Manage a tiering philosophy that recognises the critical Contracts for the Asset; ensuring these are prioritised in terms of performance and follow up.
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with contractors / suppliers and monitor their performance including participating in supplier relationship management activities such as Service Quality Meetings.
- Ensure that the Contracts and Procurement team based in the Asset are effectively managing the overall contracts portfolio and supporting delivery of the Assets objectives.
- Mitigating risk through participating in negotiating contractual disputes on Asset Contracts.
- Ensure effective liaison with between the Contracts and Procurement personnel and the KAN and CATMAN in HQ on contractual strategies, benchmarking and contractor performance.
- Actively promote opportunities for globalisation of Contracts & Procurement activities.
- Review and, if required oversee presentations for all Asset specific Contracts at CMC and CMC-A; attending as support to the presenting Contract Analyst.
- Review standard contract documentation and procedures and identify, promote, negotiate and implement improvements, liaising with other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Manage the co-ordination and controi QA/QC and certification activities for the Asset
- Ensure that that the Contracts and Procurement personnel provides a safe, efficient, economic and auditable support service, including Procurement and Materials, to all stakeholders in the Asset
- Collaboration with the Technical services Asset Contract and Procurement Leader
- Responsible for ensuring the sharing of lessons learned and best practice, contributing to the process of continuous improvement, including participation in and promotion of Lean initiatives.
- Actively initiate, implement, monitor and control improvements to the performance of key suppliers/ contracts to aid efficiency and cost optimization, working with Contracts Reps to carry out health checks for Tier 1/2 contracts to ensure that performance activities are embedded in the contract management
- In conjunction with Lead Cost Performance, increase cost awareness within the Asset making sure all Contract Reps, budget accountable and Technical prescribers are fully familiar with the tools and processes for managing and reporting of the costs of their contracts.
- Actively participate in external or internal Audits as requ1red.
- Ensure the completion of supplier corrective action plans (inc. OA/QC by the Contract Representative.)
- Ensure establishment of an appropriate co-ordination and interface regime for contracts of strategic importance to the Asset to ensure that an appropriate management regime is established and implemented for each one.
- The job holder should be educated to degree level or similar and/or demonstrate significant ability through experience and proven achievements in this field.
- The job holder must have a significant knowledge of oil and gas exploration, drilling, construction and f) production operations and of the respective equipment/material/services, coupled with a significant knowledge/ experience of general management, accounting/finance, IT, legal, insurance, safety and quality assurance.
- Knowledge of the Company's administrative systems.
- Good understanding of the North Sea oil and gas industry.
- Experience of different means of contract remuneration and their commercial impact to the business.
- Excellent analytical skills and a sound knowledge of financial analysis techniques and economic measures.
- Demonstrably strong ability to develop appropriate strategies, develop and draft effective documents and conduct commercially important negotiations with contractors.
- Experience of leading business improvement initiatives.