Job Purpose :
- Carries out the maintenance and repair of various types of static and rotating equipment in the entire plant equipment.. This includes the regular monitoring and rectification of defective equipment, disassembly, repair and reassembly of equipment and assisting in the installation and testing of new machinery. Carries out independently or under instructions, the complete or partial overhaul of plant equipment
Main Task and Accountability:
- Maximize the reliability and availability of plant equipment.
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
- Carries out routine maintenance on rotating equipment, carries out visual checks of seals for leaks, disassembles equipment, replaces parts as directed, cleans equipment, replaces packing and gaskets, repairs as appropriate, checks bearings and reassembles. Ensures correct alignment and tolerances, using precision measurement instruments, such as laser alignment equipment.
- Carries out routine preventive maintenance of machinery according to schedules, check lists and specific equipment requirements. This includes changing oils, greasing, cleaning strainers and filters and general overhaul of equipment. Repairs and or replaces defective parts, reassembles overhauled equipment and carries out necessary tests and performance monitoring upon start-up
- Assists in planning annual shutdown and major equipment turnarounds and carries out complete overhaul rotating equipment. Reassembles and tests equipment in accordance with requirements or tests schedules.
- Assist in inspection of equipment for its condition.
- Perform Continuous Improvement : Improve Reliability of Equipment/Process, Improve Safety, Improve Maintainability, Reduce Cost, Active participation in Major Development Projects
- Maintain / Update the job completion records
- Perform Technical investigations & Root Cause Analysis
- Request for external material and services if needed
- Ensure that system documentation, policies, procedures, local documentation, Management System Manual, Safety Manual and other related documents.
- Adhere to the Work Management of the plant processes / procedures
Working Environment :
- Works 85% on the plant and 15% of time in workshop
Work Experience :
- Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant mechanical equipment maintenance and troubleshooting experience in the power plant or similar industries. Successful candidate should pass a hands-on skill demonstration test.
Skills Required :
- Written and spoken English
- Good written and spoken Kurdish
- Must be physically fit
- Basic problem solving skills
- Diploma in Mechanical Work or similar