Other Skills: Electrical Purchasing
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
- Negotiating the purchase of electrical parts based on specific customer defined requirements;
- Vendor sourcing and price negotiations;
- Organizing the electrical components in the warehouse;
- Quoting of electrical requirements when called upon;
- Maintaining Excel product/vendor price catalog;
- Coordinating documentation and delivery of products to sites;
- Communicating vendor supply issues, i.e., shortage of products, price increases, back-orders etc.;
- Working with financial systems in particular, the purchasing modules;
- Working with internal customers and external vendors;
- Working within company purchasing policies and procedures;
- Placing purchase orders upon regular review of customer and site requirements; and,
- Communicating with customers to provide pricing for upgrades and options.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience purchasing electrical components is required;
- Previous experience purchasing drilling rig electrical components is an asset;
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline considered an asset, but not necessary;
- Experience operating a forklift an asset, but not necessary;
Precision Drilling Corporation is Canada's largest oilfield services company and also has a large and growing presence in the United States and internationally. Precision provides contract drilling, well servicing and strategic support services to customers. Precision supplies on-the-ground expertise - people, equipment and knowledge - to provide value to our customers on a daily basis.
Precision has more than a half century of operating history in North America and we have always believed it is our people that make Precision a great company. Attracting the right people has been one of the cornerstones in building our reputation as the "leading employer" in the industry.
Along with a great culture, we offer a compensation package that is comprehensive and highly competitive in the oilfield services industry. All of Precision's people share in our ongoing success through our total rewards and recognition philosophy. At the end of the day, our success is defined by our people and the value they bring to Precision.