Skills: HR - General
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated HR Consultant to join the Shell's German Head Office in Hamburg. The main purpose of this role is to define, design and lead the implementation of projects and interventions to deliver the People Agenda in support of the Shell business agenda.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with Country HR colleagues and/or HR Business Partners across Business and/or Function including JV and NOV Environments
- Design, develop and implement specific interventions, solutions or programs in support of the People Agenda
- Define and contract the blend of HR (or other functional) resources locally required to deliver the intervention and contract with resources to deliver business-critical requirements
- Manage and co-ordinate the delivery of defined projects - leading cross-functional, cross-country and virtual team members where needed
- Manage cost-effective and timely local delivery of critical business change initiatives such as Germany-specific organisational redesign and implementation including liaison with Country HR ER/IR and HR Operations specialists
- Implementation of Diversity&Inclusion initiatives.
At Shell Germany, our drive is to employ world-class individuals. We employ 4,200 people whose careers have benefitted from our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled inhouse access to local and global experts. We are active in many areas such as Gas, Gas Marketing, Manufacturing & Distribution of oil products, Petrochemicals as well as Research & Development. Shell in Germany is one of the biggest retailers of energy products and one of the largest refinery operators. Our extensive R&D facilities in Hamburg allow us to offer a broad range of expertise on Retail Fuels, Lubes, and Marine, Power and Engine Vehicle Technology. Shell began operations in Germany in 1902.
- Ability to rapidly acquire understanding of the specific business, function context (in the country) for which intervention is being managed - including business value drivers and cost management levers.
- Effective consulting skills: diagnosis, inquiry, contracting and facilitation - to accurately scope the required work, assess resources required, contract the right team and facilitate defined interventions.
- Ability to engage and influence senior business or function stakeholders in Country
- Strong project management capability - familiar with and able to selectively deploy a range of project management tools and methodologies including MetroMap
- Effective application of Change Architecture and associated tools to support and enable complex change management events.
- Effective use of data and trend analysis to determine root cause and to define and track relevant business outcomes.
- Ability to influence and deliver through others.
- Effective coach to cross-functional, virtual teams beyond formal line of authority.
- Languages required: German & English
What we offer you
At Shell, we're committed to investing in the development of your career and we give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver and really excel. Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity and respect aren't simply a strap line, but are a part of everything we do. What's more, we're a company that places the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and on our inclusive approach.
Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell a flexible, an appealing, and as supportive place for women to work as we can. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by a leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
People with an impairment
At Shell we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
Just let us know about your circumstances if you'd like to apply. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a long career with us
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video