Skills: Subsea Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary role of the Integrated Services (IS) Lead Service Technician is to function, test and maintain all intervention tooling and equipment including any subsea products. This will be required both onshore and offshore.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and instruct other technicians on all aspects of the following: job setup, de mob and pre and post testing of all equipment, any and all repairs of equipment.
- Familiar with IWOC system and controls, downline coil reels, wireline deck operations and toolstring change outs, topside pumping, pump choke control, well control and hydraulic and electrical controls experience.
- Perform pre and post job testing on all equipment. Load and unload gang boxes and work vans.
- Disassemble, inspect, maintain, repair and reassemble all equipment. Troubleshoot, identify and replace defective parts and components on all equipment.
- Apply lubricants to machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears and bearings including motors and pumps.
- Clean and remove dirt, grease, waste material and pressure washes all equipment.
- Clean work area, tools and equipment and perform other routine duties associated with day to day operations and equipment upkeep.
- Assist with all technical data for job such as drawings and changes to drawings as required for job.
- Provide support on subsea products and assists in maintenance, repair, installation and commissioning of these products.
- Directly interface with client on job issues and problems and maintain professionalism.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment that is involved with job.
- Maintain credentials and complete required training on-line in Learning Management System.
- Assist shipping and receiving in loading and unloading of all equipment, maintaining general inventories and upkeep of spares kits.
- Attend pre- and post- job meetings with Project Managers and Clients as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to direct lower level technicians and day to day shop or offshore operations.
- No direct reporting of personnel
- Reports to Intervention Superintendent/ Manager, Operations Support.
- May also take direction from Shop Foreman (while onshore) or Vessel PIC
- Knowledge of subsea tree control (using IWOCS) and water/glycol hydraulic control systems with a minimum of five (5) years of industrial offshore experience in general subsea operations from installation to interventions/ choke change outs, hydraulic well stimulations, well completions, and umbilicals, or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Experience in Riserless Light Well Intervention operations (recommended/optional)
- Experience in Wireline or Topside High Flow/High pressure pumping operations and maintenance
- Experience in down hole tooling (recommended/optional)
- Valid passport and the ability to obtain foreign work visas
- Willingness to work offshore and overseas for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
- Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions.
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.