Skills: Project Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible to support the delivery of a number of projects within the KPO portfolio, on time, within budget and with performance in line with predictions, by performing JV Asset Management activities on behalf of the Shell Kazakhstan Asset Manager.
Examples of work activities in which he/she may be involved are as below:
- Review and support the performance of major projects.
- Support project reporting and calls, updating reports when necessary with relevant KPO project data.
- Develop and maintain project content of Shell Opportunity Assurance Plans for major projects and support resourcing of teams when necessary.
- Develop and maintain project specific cost improvement staircases, leveraging Shell best practices.
- Support project business paper submissions through internal approval process.
- Involved in appropriate challenge of Project Execution Plans ensuring that resources, organisation, project schedule and contract strategies are appropriate as part of project business paper submissions.
- Assess Business Plan submissions for credibility and competitiveness.
- Co-ordinate and provide functional support to assist Project Delivery Manager with endorsement of the Business plan.
- Participate in Governance meetings and maintenance of risk register.
- Share Shell knowledge with relevant PM's and provide support to improve Project delivery performance.
- Participate in project assurance reviews as and when required.
- Manage and communicate the project performance within the project management and business lines of management.
A minimum of 10 yrs of Oil and Gas engineering and projects experience with an affinity for project management. Hands-on experience of project delivery in a complex and challenging environment would be preferred. Demonstration of an understanding of and comfort in dealing with a diversity of cultures, work practices and customs and the ability to be flexible and accommodating without compromising the key objectives and milestones on which the project success depends. Demonstration of ability to work both at conceptual and more detailed levels.
The incumbent will need:
- Experience of working in a Joint Venture is preferred.
- Experience of Governance and Assurance processes is preferred.
- An understanding of project execution risks, local contracting capability, regulations and construction
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with customers and other team members.
- Genuine commitment to HSE and Q.
- Awareness and experience in developing project execution plans, including resource planning.
- An awareness of basic construction engineering.
- Involvement with contract management (e.g. detailed design, construction, installation and/or
- To be familiar with project management techniques, tools and best practices.
- To have well developed IT skills and experience with all modern communication tools
(e-mail, internet, Skype, video conferencing etc.)
- To have strong problem-solving skills and to have a view on commercial impacts and
repercussions of alternatives on softer or non-technical aspects of the job.
- To have well developed relationship skills as you will have to work in a multi-cultural, diverse
- Fluent written and spoken English required. Ability in other relevant languages beneficial.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video