Skills: Customer Service
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Retail OE/HES Team Lead located in San Ramon, CA California.
This position is accountable for delivering Operational Excellence (OE)/Health Environment and Safety (HES) services to the Americas Products (AP), Strategy, Technology & Commercial Integration (ST&CI), Lubricants and Downstream & Chemicals (DS&C) Services (DSO) office based personnel located in the Americas geography. This position supports leaders to demonstrate leadership accountability to drive injury- and incident-free operations in AP, ST&CI and DSO. This position provides work direction to nine field Retail HES and the US Retail Permit Compliance Desk Specialists.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for Chevron’s AP Retail & Commercial & Industrial (C&I) OE Management System Process (OEMSP) and supports the governance process through adherence to company policies.
- Directs and manages the Americas Retail /C&I OEHES organization to successfully achieve top OE Performance and ensure integration of OE/HES into the business through risk based approach.
- Monitors progress against OE Shaping Plans for OE Processes to ensure commitments are met.
- Evaluates the design and effectiveness of Americas OE programs and processes and provides assurance that safeguards are in place and functioning.
- Supports AP Leaders in demonstrating leadership accountability to drive injury- and incident-free operations and instill operational discipline across the organization.
- Supports the organization in focusing on reducing the seriousness and frequency of human failures by integrating Human Performance concepts, principles and Loss Prevention System (LPS); uses LPS to reduce or eliminate system level/organizational causes to prevent future incidents.
- Serve as a member on various Leadership Teams and advocate/support the OE implementation and improvement efforts. Conducts Leadership accountability assessments for the organization.
- Strengthen OE Governance by ensuring proper implementation of OE Processes, including Leadership Accountability (LA) and Management System Process (MSP).
- Reviews the OE Vision and objectives with Leaders and uses risk-based assessment and prioritization of OE Processes; develops three-year business plan to close gaps and supports implementation and monitoring of OE processes necessary to meet OEMS requirements.
- Supports audit process by address recommendations and conclusions, and provides guidance, monitors gap closures actions, and verification of controls.
- Continually re-evaluate changes in the business to ensure existing processes and procedures are fit for purpose and aligns with requirements.
- Oversees near loss/loss incidents to ensure investigations are conducted appropriately and lessons learned are shared, including relevant learnings from outside of the organization.
- Review new laws and regulations and work with Americas OE/HES Specialists (Safety, Air, Water, Waste) and other internal and external groups to determine business impact and supports the business for compliance with permit requirements.
- May provide OE HES support outside of Americas Products as needed
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as an HES professional with strong OE background; fluent in LPS & Incident Investigation
- Technical Knowledge OE HES - Knowledge and expertise in HES related processes and procedures
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to effectively engage individuals from the field level to senior executives, with proven ability to influence, lead and facilitate beyond the HES function, at all levels and diverse cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead and supervise employees/HES professionals; adept as a mentor and coach in imparting skills and knowledge to direct reports.
- Ability to understand business issues and formulate solutions.
- Bachelor's degree
- Understanding of Chevron retail operations preferred.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions: Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.