Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Hiring and Strategic Partnerships Manager located in Houston, Tx through July 18, 2018.
This position serves as the manager for the hiring and strategic partnerships which is accountable for the
hiring Center of Expertise and oversight in the deployment of full cycle recruitment services through a shared service model.
Key Job Responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing and recruiting strategy (University, Experienced Hires and Associations).
- Process guidelines and standards.
- Managing the social investment budget.
- Hiring technology and programs in alignment with Chevron’s business needs.
- Deploying full cycle recruitment services through a shared service model in multiple locations (US and non-US).
- Supervision of 8 direct reports.
- Working with key global stakeholders (Business leaders including Executives, HR General Managers, Regional HR Managers, etc.) to develop overall recruiting strategies, programs and plans for meeting strategic staffing and diversity recruiting initiatives.
- Ensures appropriate sourcing channels are in place to generate sufficient candidate flow to achieve hiring targets.
- Ensuring Hiring Program and Processes are consistent, efficient and meet the business needs, as well as employment compliance requirements, supporting global labor laws, local & state HR policies and practices in the areas in which we operate.
- Ensuring standard operating practices, including data privacy standards, are in place for the team.
- Oversight for the management of vendors and contracts as required for staffing related activities (e.g. job boards, background check vendors, search firm contracts and social media contracts to support Recruitment Programs).
- Responsibility for any future hiring technology decisions to ensure system meets current and future needs.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience; 5 years managing a global strategic hiring and partnerships organization
- Solid understanding of global recruiting principles and practices
- Ability to develop and implement recruitment sourcing strategies and programs for a Center of Expertise and Shared Services team
- Previous experience managing social investment budget and programs
- Experience with the development and execution of a stakeholder management plan
- Ability to integrate compliance/regulatory requirements (i.e. OFCCP/EEOC) with recruiting strategies
- Knowledge of necessary technology to support hiring activities
- Ability to seamlessly adjust department headcount plans to support seasonal staffing requirements
- Prior experience managing recruiting teams in competitive market conditions with the demands of rapid globalization
- Capacity to build a strong reputation and credibility with customers to assess needs and develop effective recruitment solutions
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity in a complex work environment globally
- Ability to set vision and strategy
- Ability to influence others throughout the organization
- Ability to understand current and future hiring trends, best practices and innovative technologies
- Experience managing strategic sourcing and investments
- Anticipates long term needs, effectively plans and drives organization into the future with clear intentions and purposeful actions
- Experience running hiring and recruiting programs at an enterprise scale
- Aware of current technology and recruiting methods
- Understanding activities and programs needed to attract and retain top quality, diverse talent
- Effective verbal and written communicator across functions and with senior leaders
- Capable of effectively representing Chevron to students, universities, diversity associations and other key stakeholders
- Effectively create and support high performing teams
- Capable of inspiring team, candidates and new hires and making balanced decisions while managing complex stakeholder needs
- Master's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- Experience using Workday hiring and recruiting tools
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.