Greeley, Colorado, United States
Greeley, Colorado, United States
Skills: Crew Chief, Laborer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Greeley, Colorado, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Title: Water Transfer Technician
Department: Non -Department of Transportation (D.O.T.)
Reports To: Area Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources Manager
Prepared Date: April 25, 2018
Approved Date: May 1, 2018
Responsible for building transfer lines used to take water from Point A to Point B.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Ensures load is secure and meets Department of Transportation (DOT) and Enservco's guidelines to ensure safe transit
- Is responsible for personal safety and the safety of other crew members
- Attends monthly and daily safety meetings
- Attends all Customer safety meetings *Understands pumps/filter pod controls & operation
- Checks fluids
- Reads and understands suction/discharge gauges, catch prime and draining procedures *Listens/understands/performs firectives from Crew Leads
- Builds transfer lines/throw clamps and hoses
- Monitors manifolds/tanks for leaks/problems/levels
- Manages work stations
- Filter pod
- Working tanks
- Titan Tank
- Valves *Drives a company pickup if MVR meets insurance established criteria
- Fills out necessary paperwork
- Pump Logs
- Near Miss Observations *Other duties as required by supervisor, within the scope of the position
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledgeable and compliant with DOT regulations
- Must pass pre-employment drug testing and random drug testing.
- Must be able to pass a company provided physical.
- Obeys all traffic laws. Reports any accident to supervisor.
- Able to work on a rotating shift: days/nights, travel immediately upon call out
- Must be willing to work LONG hours
- Ability to remain alert and maintain a high level of concentration
- Good judgment and the ability to react quickly in emergency situations
- Customer service- Responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings. Fluency in English required.
- Written Communication - able to read and interpret written information
- Teamwork- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Professionalism- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures in the oil and gas field; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1-3 Months experience in industry related field
Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current driver's license with clean MVR
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; drive, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is required for long periods to drive, stand, and walk. The employee is occasionally required to smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
May be required to climb more than four (4) feet off the ground.
Sitting for long periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; explosives and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
- Travel: Local area, Intra-state and Inter-state
- Work hours/Shifts: Vary/include evenings and weekends. Long shifts
- On Call Availability Required
- Equipment used: phone, truck, (Personal Protective Equipment) PPE
- Access : stairs