This position is part of the HR department in Bahamas and part of the global T&S HR Team. The main purpose is to provide high quality, business focused, effective HR support to our diverse client base.
The position also has a heavy element of administrative support
- Provide payroll administrative services for local and expatriate employees via 3rd party provider.
- Ensure the date integrity of payroll and ensure that it is finalized to meet payment deadline.
- Ensure that all statutory payments are remitted to the relevant organization(s) in a timely manner.
- Participate in projects related to payroll processes and systems.
General HR Duties
- Coordinate and submit work permit applications
- Analyse, process and follow-up on HR transactional requests received from clients including former employees and third party contractors
- Work collaboratively with other parties (including central HR Services) and employees to provide seamless service with receiving expatriate staff, repatriation and re-assignment of staff and new joiners
- Maintain accurate and up to date files/records and data management
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the GM
- Coordinate the business travel activities of all staff
- Ensure the administration of visitors to the office is managed effectively
- Ensure that high standards of housekeeping are maintained and that welfare supplies are adequately stocked
Shell Western Supply and Trading Ltd. (SWST) is part of the global Shell Trading Network with offices around the world and is involved in international oil and freight trading activities in the Caribbean, Central America and South America and West Africa. The Operations Department ensures that physical oil movements on vessels are handled according to contractual agreements and Shell standard procedures.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic organisation and develop your career in a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Excellent customer-facing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise in a demanding environment with multiple deliverables
- Education at Bachelor degree level, or comparable work experience
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience preferred
- Must be a self-starter, reliable and able to work with minimum supervision
- Experience working with range of MS office products
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video