Skills: Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technician, Electrician
Other Skills: PLC
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
The Sparrows Group is a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor that delivers equipment, technology and integrated engineering services to the global energy industry. Our solutions support our client's to optimise their efficiency by ensuring the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
With our headquarters in Aberdeen, we employ over 1,600 people across numerous operational locations across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer (Automation & Control) to join our Engineering department. The primary responsibility is to provide business promotion & establishment, business administration and Project Engineering support the business under the direction of the Electrical Services Manager. Continue to apply engineering knowledge and expertise, build and maintain relationships, financial / contract management, quality orientation, safety leadership and continuous development in all aspects of crane, lifting and support service activities.
- The incumbent will be responsible for delivering assigned projects and supporting the delivery of projects encompassing, but not limited to, the following:
o Administration of assigned project files
o Liaison with clients and subcontractors
o Preparation of calculations, work procedures and risk assessments
o Work to recognised quality standards
o Development and management of project schedules
o Completion of purchase requisitions
o Arrange equipment dispatch and transportation
o Carry out site / offshore visits as required
o Completion of close out reports and technical documentation
o Proactive financial control of assigned projects, and review invoice drafts
o Understand and manage major risks that will affect delivery of engineering projects
The incumbent must adopt a co-operative attitude towards being assigned alternative or additional duties to that which they are primarily employed.
- Develop and assist with review of PLC specifications and logic tables and assist Electrical Engineers in matching the PLC/HMI types to the project specification.
- Develop, write, and implement, test and document PLC and HMI software, as specified.
- Develop, specify and implement Electrical drive capabilities within the team
- Preparation of test equipment and procedures for function testing PLC logic and carrying out Factory Acceptance Tests for clients.
- Preparation of PLC logic flow/process charts for fault finding purposes.
- Preparation of PLC documentation and certification packages.
- Retrieval of PLC programming code from existing PLC systems for the purpose of reverse engineering or upgrading.
- Electronic storage of PLC programs and back up data.
- Provide onshore support to Engineers/Electricians during commissioning of PLC systems offshore and onsite.
- Determine customer requirements and objectives and assist in developing specifications for projects / systems to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Preparation of Factory Acceptance Test procedures, running FAT with client witness.
- Preparation and development of Electrical Auto Cad drawing packages.
Business Promotion & Establishment:
- To carry out a Project Engineer function providing a support function to the establishment in all aspect of cranes, lifting and support service activities.
- Contribute to the establishment sales effort, through direct client contact and meetings, with particular focus on target customers as defined within the establishment business plan.
- When undertaking visits to site or offshore installations, promote and maintain effective communications with Client representatives and Sparrows Offshore personnel.
The position requires the incumbent to assist in the development, compliance and continuous improvement of engineering processes and the engineering development system.
- Assist with the development of team systems and working methods.
- It is expected that the incumbent will attend, and actively participate in, all training provided by company, whether internally or externally provided.
- Carry out continuing professional development necessary to maintain and enhance competence in own area of responsibility.
Meetings and Reporting
- Actively contribute to meetings and discussions.
- Report on financial and operation progress of assigned projects to line management.
- Build and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with customers, sub-contractors, management, team members and other colleagues.
- Work co-operatively and productively with others to ensure planning, technical integrity and successful completion of projects.
Qualifications & Experience
- Be Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or similar trade skill.
- Experienced in Siemens/Bosch Electric drive design systems.
- Have suitable PLC experience Siemens/Mitsubishi/Allen Bradley/Saia Burgess.
- Have valid Offshore Competency and Offshore Medical.
- Have valid COMPEX 01,02,03 and 04.
- Have Electrical AutoCAD experience (Production).