This is a permanent and residential position based in the Head Office and offers a comprehensive expat benefits package and family status.
Scope of Work
- Resume or accelerate the development of the Al Shaheen reservoirs by studying, maturing and proposing for validation the drilling of new wells and/or work-over opportunities from existing slots or from future slots for additional phases of field development and strategy, definition of development patterns, reserves/resources assessments, and appraisal strategy. Focus on understanding and description of production mechanisms (water-flooding, gas injection) involved in sector, full-field or phenomenological reservoir models.
- Responsible for day-to-day well performance monitoring, well test requirements, well potential updates
- Implement the reservoir engineering techniques linked to its activity (planning, evaluation and interpretation of well tests, interpretation of PLT, decline curve analysis, material balance, production nodal analysis, definition of production mechanisms, prediction of production performance and injection, PVT analysis, etc.).
- Perform and guarantee the analysis of reservoir data (static and especially dynamic) and the syntheses of dynamic data for pressure conditioning actions to be implemented for drilling of new wells.
- Participate in the synthesis of subsurface data and ensure the consistency of assumptions between the different disciplines (geophysics, geology and petrophysics, production technology and geo-information)
- Participate in the construction of the reservoir models (static and dynamic) in close collaboration and iterations with the geophysicist, geologist and reservoir specialists, optimizing the modeling of fluid flow according to the heterogeneities and the production mechanisms to be implemented, to end up with history matched sector and possibly full reservoir dynamic models.
- Carry out modeling of dynamic behavior of reservoirs, dynamic simulations (ECLIPSE), including calibration of well test and PLT results in reservoir models
- Integrate the data from existing production, new development and appraisal wells into the models.
- Implement the specialty studies necessary for the development of the reservoir simulation.
- Participate in the definition and optimization of development schemes and patterns.
- Participate in the assessment of associated production and injection unconstraint profiles for NOC's production and injection exercises: Rolling Forecasts (RoFo), Annual Reserves Report (ARR) and Long Range Business Plan (LRBP).
- Participation in Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) pilot and their implementation in Field Development, including monitoring aspects
- Provide relevant data (production profiles) to be used for economic evaluation of each project/well/study.
- Participate in the good integration between the other disciplines (geophysics, geology, production technology and geo-information) to evaluate uncertainties associated with a project/well/study (1P, 2P, 3P) and implement the necessary studies (experimental design, ... ).
- Participate in the definition of the necessary reservoir data acquisitions (fluids, conventional and SCAL, well testing, logs, cores, ...) to characterize and predict reservoir behavior and reduce the uncertainties.
- Participation in the Reservoir Surveillance Plan and Reservoir Management Plan as per NOC Standards.
- Participate in preparation, presentation and validation by shareholders for new wells to be drilled.
- Contribute to development of internal and external communications within the Reservoir and PE community.
- Master Degree or Bachelor Degree with relevant industry experience in Reservoir or Petroleum Engineering discipline or other relevant technical discipline qualification.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in similar roles or related roles in the oil and gas environment.
- Reservoir and geoscience working experience in an operated asset.
- Good experience in reservoir management and monitoring.
- Good experience on reservoir dynamic modeling (Eclipse) and model history matching.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Team player, persuasive, open minded, hard worker, delivery orientated.
- Working experience in the middle East would be a plus.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- HSE trainings.
Deadline for submission of application is on July 26, 2018.