Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Education: Some College
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Commercial Analyst Intern
Division: RP-ORB Commercial Support
Work Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Office
Supervisor's Title: Commercial Manager
Oklahoma Resource Basin (ORB) Commercial Group is seeking an Intern Commercial Analyst to join the Team. -This is a development (Co-Op) opportunity for Senior or Graduate level students in Engineering or Finance. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for providing financial and operations insight into Oklahoma Resource Basin Assets- Outside Operated (OBO) activity. Learning opportunities focused on financial and operations analysis, OBO process streamlining efforts, and other inter-departmental projects will also be made available. The candidate must be detail oriented and possess high organization & communication skills.
Essential Functions May Be Responsible For, But Not, Limited To:
- Assist in development of a comprehensive view of OBO activity in ORB
- Analyze information from multiple public sources (IHS, Drilling Info, IR presentations, etc.) to communicate a comprehensive view of an operator in ORB
- Assemble actual/plan comparisons for OBO wells and mine operational/subsurface data to assist ORB-s understanding of the partner well results
- Provide concise communication of partner-activity evaluation results to respective functional areas on a timely basis--
- Knowledge of:
- Oil & Gas Accounting: SAP, Accounting and Financial transactions
- Commercial Understanding: Basic oil and gas contract & finance terms
- Operations: Drilling, Completion and Production
- Business Analysis/Business Intelligence: Ability to utilize multiple data sources to provide financial and operational analysis on a ORB peer company
- Data > Information > Insight > Foresight
- Flexibility in adapting to changing requirements and deadlines, enjoy learning about new aspects of the business, and be comfortable collaborating with individuals from various functions
- Independent analytical capabilities with a strong commitment to results
- Undertaking Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in Accounting, Finance or Engineering required
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.