Kermit, Texas, United States
Kermit, Texas, United States
Primary responsibility is to provide excellent IT support and customer satisfaction. Must be reliable and driven, with strong time management and prioritization abilities. Maintain existing and emerging communications technologies and IT systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT Support preferred.
- In-depth understanding and troubleshooting skills of hardware, and peripherals used in a common business environment.
- Basic understanding and troubleshooting skills of common wired & wireless network devices, LAN & WAN networks, IP telephony, two-way radio technology, and potential connectivity issues.
Communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to work well with people and assess each customer's individual needs. Need to be able to communicate with people both inside & outside the organization, which may include business stakeholders, vendors, and service providers.
Strong customer service ethos with experience in providing IT support.
Excellent organizational skills including accurate records keeping and proper documentation.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, follow processes, and policies (including environmental & safety), and act as a contributing member of a team environment.
- Experience with Project Management. Ability to manage projects as well as a resource for projects.
- Safety reviews of SOG (Standard Operating Guidelines) and compliance with other safety programs.
- Provide IT support for Delaware Basin. Monitor system performance and respond to hardware, software, automation and network (including wireless network) inquiries by clarifying technical issues and resolving problems first hand or by coordinating other resources as necessary.Analyze and resolve problems utilizing knowledge of computer access controls and departmental procedures.
The position will have direct primary support responsibilities for field locations but will share responsibility across BITS and the business organizations. This position mediates problems, process breakdowns, hand-off, and/or service delivery issues between the field and the various ITS support groups.
- Logging and tracking all incidents & service requests into company provided tools. Work with users through a series of actions to help set up systems or resolve issues. Working continuously on a task until completion or escalating to the next level support. Prioritizing and managing many ITSM cases throughout the week.
Maintain hardware inventory of all IT assets. Requisition and receive.
- Monitor system performance and respond to all hardware, WAN & LAN inquiries by clarifying technical issues and resolving problems first hand.
- Prepare written and verbal presentations and reports. Provide management weekly status reports. Keep local assigned sites informed of upcoming activities. Keep customer base informed of changes and issues with the IT environment. Work with IT groups to stay current on changes, initiatives, issues and experiences across the enterprise.
Documentation and knowledge transfer, such as maintaining and providing solution documentation to other team members, IT and business areas, detailing hardware installations, logically storing project files, and cross training.
- Model a strong work ethic and take the lead on a variety of support initiatives. Be flexible and willing to adapt to changing business requirements. Continuously learn technologies, customer business needs, and apply technologies to customer needs.
- Conduct formal and informal end-user training on the of various applications and hardware.
Must be physically able to maneuver hardware when necessary.
High School Diploma or equivalent required, with a preference for a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or a related field.
Certifications / Licenses
Valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
ITIL v3, A+, CCNA preferred.
This position is not eligible for relocation.
This position requires extensive daily travel.
While the percentage of overnight travel required for this position is 10% - 20%, the support area could require periodic travel within a 500-mile region.
This position is eligible for 5/40 work schedule.
Available for callouts nights & weekends as needed.
Candidate must live within 75 miles of Kermit, Texas.
Anadarko does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
See Job Description
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in the Woodlands, Texas. Our deep and balanced portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and resource plays, and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, we are focused on our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all of our business activities. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare. At Anadarko, we directly employ more than 4,900 men and women and we strive for excellence in all that we do. We know the best vision in the world will not be realized without the right people.
At Anadarko, we set ambitious goals and take disciplined risks to achieve them. We need individuals who will take on this challenge. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it.
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.