Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Port Arthur, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The mechanical planner is a member of the Integrated Coordinator Team responsible for all mechanical TAR planning. Normally, this responsibility will be limited to a specific functional or geographical division of the Site/Unit (e.g. Area) as assigned by the TAR core team.
- Analyze detail planning information from previous TAR(s), as required
- Keep track of all scope activities relating to mechanical equipment (including secondary IE activities related to the mechanical equipment).
- Request secondary I&E planning support through the use of the Master IE tracking sheet.
- Participate in the scope definition process, with a focus on the mechanical activities (equipment inspections, repairs and capital projects)
- Participate in Area scope collection process / preliminary challenges
- Plan Jobs in assigned areas in the RMS planning tool according to guidelines set by lead planners, planning coordinators and TAR managers.
- Maintain planning progress targets as defined by core team.
- Maintain information updates necessary in the TAR equipment tracking sheet.
- Coordinate and enter planning data into RMS for TAR capital project activities as defined by the TAR capital projects mechanical planner.
- Support IE planning to finalize planning of the mechanical activities associated with I&E jobs as necessary (e.g., by periodically reviewing the Master IE Tracking sheet for secondary planning requests).
- Coordinates with the I&E, Electrical, and Operations Planners regarding scope development, scope additions, isolation, work planning, etc.
- Support the development of the site/unit infrastructure and facilities (provide summary of needs to Logistics Coordinator, esp. long-lead deliveries)
- Evaluate execution resource plan for mechanical crafts
- Ensure contractor understands the contents of mechanical work packages.
- Provide field supervision of mechanical jobs, including safety and quality oversight
- Provide daily progress updates for I/E jobs
- Document daily findings and events (notes/photographs)
- Ensure discovery work is addressed through the TAR-specific work process
- Participate in PSSRs, safety/housekeeping walkthroughs, and Re-commissioning activities
- Provide contractors with any additional documentation needed to conduct work properly
- Provide input to contractor evaluations
- Participate in review meetings and creation of lessons learned
- Ensure planning details, daily notes, photos, and other documentation are properly archived
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
People are our business worldwide
Orion Group are one of the world's largest Engineering Recruitment Specialists. With over 22 years experience Orion are market leaders in the field of International oil & gas recruitment, with regional offices in all the worlds major oil centres, including Houston, Aberdeen, Singapore, Alaska and Kazakhstan. Orion currently has around 4000 contractors working worldwide with 8 offices in the UK and 19 internationally.
Orion work with some of the world's largest companies providing manpower solutions for both contract and permanent positions. The group operates within the following industry sectors: Oil & Gas, Power & Utilities, Construction, Aerospace, Rail, Mining, IT & Telecoms and Office & Commercial.
In 2009 Orion were awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise in the International Trade category