Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Kermit, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Position Summary: The Lease Operator is responsible for monitoring and reporting on production and other pertinent well information and provides maintenance on production equipment. The position applies basic and some advanced skills to perform routine and complex operations using tools and equipment appropriate for the energy industry. Applies a general understanding of the technical concepts, practices, and procedures, and has a general knowledge of industry standards and government regulations related to the oil and gas industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Gauge production on assigned wells and report gauge readings, downtime and other pertinent well information to district office.
- Perform lease maintenance such as minor surface pump and production equipment repairs and adjustments; trim weeds, clean up trash, etc.; grease pumping units, service lease equipment, etc. -Note problems and/or recommend course of actions to supervisor in order to decrease costs and increase production.
- Assist in witnessing meter calibrations; monitor rates and pressures on injection and disposal wells; make necessary adjustments; monitor chemical use; and test safety systems daily to maximize daily production.
- Perform work in a manner that ensures the secure and environmentally safe operation of all wells and leases for which the pumper is responsible.
- Must be self-motivated, strong ethics, ability to work with minimum supervision, have reliable attendance and demonstrate flexible cooperative behavior in the workplace
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must meet and maintain eligibility requirements to drive a company vehicle.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must pass a drug screen. Must pass a company physical.
- Must have a general knowledge of safe oil and gas production operations.
- Must have knowledge of artificial & gas lift systems
- Must have an interest in gaining knowledge of engineering principles and an understanding of subsurface and surface equipment and operations.
- Must be able to perform simple mathematic calculations, have a good mechanical aptitude, good writing skills and a good safety and driving record.
- Must be dependable and have ability to work overtime, if necessary. Must be able to work in the United States without the assistance of sponsorship.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Crosby Energy Services offers competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays along with a benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance & short and long term disability and 401k
Crosby Energy Services blends proven best practices with innovative processes to deliver the highest quality employees and finest support services to the oil and gas industry. We embrace a value-driven culture of safety and the very highest ethical standards.
Contract Energy Professionals
Since 1992, Crosby Energy Services has been providing the oil and gas industry the best qualified contract energy professionals and consultants at competitive rates. Our training and employment pre-screening programs are among the best in the industry and allow us to streamline your hiring processes and hand-pick the best and the brightest in the industry. Our contract personnel include:
• Onshore and Offshore Production Operators
• Plant Operators
• Instrumentation and Electrical Technicians
• Specialized Consultants
• Safety Professionals
• Pipeline Personnel
• Equipment Operators
• Skilled Labor
• Maritime Personnel
• Clerical Personnel