The Purchasing Expediting is a fast-paced position with multiple moving parts. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated with a strong work ethic. The candidate will be working with numerous divisions with the purchasing group, Capital, Turnaround and Field buying. The supervisor will work closely with the individual but will not be present always, at least 80% of the time the individual will be working independently without direct supervision.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Track and log material/equipment that arrives at varies job sites.
• Responsible for expediting all North American Plants
• Maintaining accurate SAP data while keeping up with non-SAP reports on an ongoing basis
• Maintain constant contact with vendors and shipping companies while deliveries are in route.
• Notify project Management team in a timely manner if a critical delivery is going to be late
• Responsible for orders placed on a daily basis vendors with multiple line items on each purchase order. The individual will have to track each piece of material/equipment until it gets to its final destination.
• Orders on projects have various requirements, drawing requirements, drawing approval, that will need to be followed. The individual will need to track who has the equipment and when the project is complete.
• Coordinate with warehouse and vendors to work shipping discrepancies and Good Receipt issues
• Support maintenance planners to expedite orders for unplanned projects
Reach out to vendors for updates on material/equipment and:
• Expected Ship Date
• Expected Arrival Date
• Tracking Number
• Assure confirmations have been received
• Responsible for the timely delivery of categorized project plant equipment and contractor document deliverables to the agreed location, on-time or ahead of the contractually agreed delivery date.
• Providing oversight and delivery management on a number of equipment packages.
• To be able to work decisively (within their remit) and effectively without continual intervention from the supervisor.
• Escalate to the Buyers or project team any actual or potential problems which would adversely affect delivery of critical equipment and/or key drawing and data submittal dates.
• To keep sufficient records of order progress, supplier performance and associated delays etc. to provide the Purchasing department and Project Management team with recommendations for Liquidated Damages claims and/or back charges
• College degree preferred.
• 1-3 yrs. experience in related field (supply chain, logistics, purchasing) preferred.
• Work experience within the Petro-Chemical or Oil and Gas Sector would be considered an asset.
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
• Effective time management and the ability to prioritize
• Knowledge of the supplier documentation submittal and review process.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient with SAP and working knowledge of integrated MRP / materials management systems.
• Able to work well with others both within and across functional boundaries.
• Work under minimum supervision
The above major outgoing responsibilities describe only the essential job functions and are not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. All job functions must be performed in accordance with Client Corporate policies and procedures.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.