Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world-s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Halliburton invites qualified candidates to apply for a position with the Analytics, Modeling and Control Team in Houston, Texas. Candidates with interests and background in controls engineering, machine controls, automation, data analytics are encouraged to apply.
This position provides an opportunity to participate in a strategic research and development program shaping the industry’s future technology. By solving challenging technical problems you can have a rapid impact on a commercial market with significant revenue. Successful candidates are expected to perform original, relevant research and development projects and help expand the group’s expertise and technology portfolio. The Analytics, Modeling and Control Team at Halliburton encourages a culture of continued learning, inventing, and innovating by bringing together a diverse group of top notch engineers and researchers. The group has a track record of developing advanced control and smart systems that are used to produce value around the world every day. Our goal is to continuously grow the group’s core research expertise in the area of control, filtering, data analytics, and machine learning to provide support to Halliburton’s product development, build advanced automation and control technologies, and maximize the value of data to ensuring the long-term success of Halliburton.
- Research, develop and implement control systems and algorithms, User Interfaces, communication protocols to optimize Drilling operation
- Select, evaluate and recommend hardware & software platforms, devices, specifications and data management methods for desired functionality and features.
- Verify control schemes with modeling, HIL systems and at full-scale
- Participating in control system design, control system prototyping, and implementation
- Design smart systems to augment complex tasks; benchmark and adapt advances in architectures for mobile, wearables, IIoT etc.
- Hands-on knowledge and ability to create and read circuit diagrams, P&ID drawings, Flow charts, Requirements documents, Data sheets, nomographs etc. is required
- Collaborating with team members and providing necessary support for technology transfer
- Publishing results in patent applications and technical journals and conferences
Required Education and Skills
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering with a focus on Control Theory and Applications or machine controls
- 5+ years’ experience controlling and monitoring various physical devices such as transducers, motors, sensors, actuators, electronics and their interaction and operability.
- Proven track record with developing PLC control and data acquisition algorithms and implement hardware for real time operation.
- Experience and knowledge of working with Omron, Allen Bradley, Siemens PLC systems.
- Extensive experience with commercial VFD systems such as ABB, Siemens etc.
- Understanding of system dynamics behavior as it relates to system controls is desired
- Experience with developing PLC controls for drilling rig control systems is a plus
- Experience and strong interest in solving practical problems, from invention to implementation in the field.
- Demonstrated teamwork, strong communication skills, and collaborative in complex engineering projects.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E.,-Houston,-Texas,-77032, United States
Experience Level:-Experienced Hire-
Product Service Line:-Sperry Drilling Svcs--
Full Time / Part Time:-Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:-
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.