The Modelling and Simulation Engineer will be focused on developing a superior Structural modeling and gridding.
He/she will be working as a multi-disciplinary integrator in the areas of Structural Geology/ VBM and geophysics, this includes a wide variety of modelling projects with complex geological settings along with developing the new technologies and contribute to the evolving business strategy across the Product Line.
He/She report to Portfolio Structure manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
- 3D unstructured/structured mesh generation in reservoir and basin scale.
- Local grid refinement LGR for reservoir grids.
- Modeling and characterization of faults and horizons surfaces.
- Engage Portfolio and develop the necessary solution knowledge, templates and best practices for solutions from the SIS solution catalogue
- Build the necessary competency and career framework for supporting the modelling and simulation for SIOS Solutions
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Geology (Master or Bachelor) & Software and/or Mathematics, also if additional educational level (PhD)
- Minimum 10+ years or more developing software and well log data model. Structural Modelling
- Professionals with knowledge and expertise in both, the technology side product planning and engineering, with PDGM and Roxar experience, even more so the combination of both.
- Unstructured grids
- Generation, remeshing, local edition, quality, data structures, topology, traversals
- Applied to tetrahedral and arbitrary polyhedral meshes
- Structured grids (pillar- and stair-step grids)
- Assembling and solving potentially large sparse linear systems, including formulation and weighting of constraints
- Geometric modeling issues, numerical accuracy issues
- Parameterization, interpolation, meshless technology basics
- Code optimization (algorithmic complexity, cache-use maximization, parallelization, etc.)
- Dealing with legacy code
- Code management (source control, code factorisation, etc.)
- C++ development, C# is a plus (optional)
- Sequence stratigraphy
- Structural geology (fault and fault networks, folding, fractures, restoration)
- Well logs and seismic data basics
- Reservoir modeling techniques and practices
- Reservoir engineering and fluid dynamics basics
- Uncertainty management
- Autonomous yet able to communicate results and progress to the team and to work within a small group of people
- Interested in applied research
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.