Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Interpretation and Earth Modeling Workflows Support Advisor, located in Houston, Texas, through July 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID # 374504
This position is for an experienced Petrel user who is interested in providing in-depth technical support to our upstream business unit interpreters and earth modelers using Schlumberger’s Petrel E&P Software. The individual will be part of the Energy Technology Company’s (ETC’s) central subsurface workflows support group working closely with other teams in Technical Computing, Earth Science Department, Reservoir and Production Engineering, and Business Unit Geological and Geophysical support organization. The candidate needs to have good blended skillsets in Geology, Geophysics, Reservoir Engineering, and IT/software, and can adapt to fast-paced environment. The position provides an excellent opportunity for this individual to learn up-to-date Chevron NextGen interpretation and earth modeling technologies. The job responsibility includes day-to-day Petrel workflow support, testing, consulting, technical service, training, and working with other Chevron experts to provide a full range of end user support.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Analyze and troubleshooting Petrel technical issues focusing on interpretation and earth modeling workflows, take ownership of support issues, work independently or reach out to others as needed, provide timely resolution or workaround and escalate as appropriate.
- Actively contribute to Petrel issues review process, work with NextGen and Schlumberger to ensure critical issues and functionality gaps are addressed.
- Actively participate in testing and evaluating new versions of software, new functionality, and emerging technology, report issues, verify bug fixes, provide feedback/input to software release, and contribute to strategic roadmap planning.
- Develop new or update existing Petrel training material and deliver to users to help with technology upgrades and Petrel organizational capability building.
- Contribute to support and user meetings, knowledge sharing, promote best practices and standards, and provide mentorship to junior employees.
- Develop new and/or integrated workflows for end users and share with others, provide technical consultation and deliver technical service as needed.
- Work closely with other teams across ETC departments and support team in the Global Technology Center to provide global Petrotechnical application support.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a Geology, Geophysics, Petroleum Engineering or Computer Science related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of working or end user support experience using Petrel for seismic interpretation and earth modeling.
- In-depth knowledge on Petrel interpretation and modeling workflows including 2D/3D seismic interpretation/visualization, gridding, mapping, well correlation, time-depth conversion, volumetric calculation, attributes analysis, structural, property and velocity modeling.
- Strong IT and software engineering skills including basic software development.
- Ability to develop integrated workflows across applications or functional domains and synthesis Geologic, Geophysical and/or Reservoir Engineering Workflows into functional requirements that can be used for software development.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills, responsive and customer focused.
- Demonstrated ability to solve technically complex problems independently, can organize and lead cross team effort to solve issues, manage time and priority effectively, and deliver results on schedule.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be a team player, proactive, take responsibility and accountability, collaborate well within and across teams, work effectively and cooperatively with peers, customers, vendors, and management, ability and willingness to build relationships, be able to leverage subject matter experts (SMEs) and influence without authority, share best practices and knowledge, and provide mentorship to other employees.
- Master’s degree
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this positon.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.