Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
APME+ (Asia Pacific, Middle East) has been identified as a key growth area for Shell's Lubricants business. Significant work is needed to identify and execute projects which will enable robust and competitive supply to support planned growth. This includes projects to debottleneck the LOBPs (lube oil blend plants) to support planned growth as well as asset integrity initiatives to ensure the continued safe operation of the assets. The Project (Assets) Manager will play a crucial role in ensuring the safe, on-time, on-budget delivery of key CAPEX projects. He/she will typically manage these projects from end-to-end including involvement in up-front FEED work (including identification and management of project risks and development of project execution strategies and plans) and project execution / construction (including management of detailed design activities; development / implementation of engineering, construction, and procurement processes; management of operational readiness and assurance process including commissioning and start-up; and handover and project close-out work). The Project (Assets) Manager, Thailand will focus primarily on activities within the country of Thailand but will also potentially support other SEA countries on an ad hoc basis.
Shell's presence in Thailand dates back to 1892 when the first barge containing Shell kerosene docked in Bangkok. Today, Shell is one of the largest and the longest-established multinational operations in Thailand.
The Shell Brand is one of the most esteemed and well respected in the Thai energy sector. Shell played a pioneering role in the advancement of the industry, from the establishment of refineries to a nationwide network of gasoline stations. The company has also helped to strengthen the talent base within the energy sector in Thailand
For more than 120 years of our operations in Thailand, Shell has been growing side by side with the country's developing economy. We have been committed to developing products of quality and to preserving the environment. Our goal is not only to achieve business success but also to play an active role in helping improve society.
- Project Manager for execution of growth, maintain margin, and selected asset integrity capex projects in Thailand and surrounding SEA area.
- Work closely with external business partners, particularly EPC or EPCM contractors who will provide Engineering and EPC management services for the execution of the projects.
- Work with LSC (lubricant supply chain) APME+ business development advisers and Subject Matter Experts (SME's) on LSC country asset master plans covering hardware capability and production/capacity improvements.
- Develop the Client Specifications for each opportunity jointly with Operations team and Regional or Global SME's and prepare investment proposals accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with Production Manager and Plant Manager during execution and handover of brownfield projects to minimize disruption to Operating activities onsite.
- Be proficient with the LSC Project Management System (PMS) and ensure disciplined compliance with either the full PMS or PMS Lite.
Skills and Requirements
- ~10 years of project engineering experience in managing detail design, construction, start up and commissioning for onshore petrochemical facilities (including accountability for managing a project team, schedule, budget)
- IPMA (Level C) project management certification (desirable but not required)
- Experience managing front end engineering activities including identification and management of project risks and development of project execution strategies and plans
- Experience managing project execution including management of detailed design activities; development / implementation of engineering, construction, and procurement processes; management of operational readiness and assurance process including commissioning and start-up; and handover and project close-out work
- Experience driving project HSSE (health, safety, security, and environment) performance including familiarity with process safety review requirements
- Experience as contract holder in managing EPC or EPCM contract
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video