Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron North America Exploration and Production Company is accepting online applications for the position of Field Specialist the Gas Gathering Team located near Carlsbad, NM through July 23, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position assumes the responsibility of monitoring and optimization of all production process variables, ensuring that all production equipment is operating at peak reliability and efficiency, and acquiring and storing data.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Actively supports Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices as described in the MCBU Safe Practice Manual, maintaining a safe working environment, and being prepared to respond to an environmental or safety event
- Operates, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains oil and gas production equipment
- Perform duties (as detailed below) associated with oil and gas producing operations; including but not limited to Separation Equipment, Dehydration Units, and Compressors:
- Operate Ariel reciprocating compressors with CAT 3500 and 3600 series drivers
- Operate triethylene glycol dehydrations systems
- Operate VRU and gas blanket systems
- Operate transfer pumps (centrifugal and gear pumps)
- Records keeping and data input
- Monitors computer control systems
- Tests safety devices
- Operates and monitors of SCADA
- Partners with other employees, and contractors to ensure that all equipment is operating at peak efficiency
- Utilizes Computerized Maintenance Management System to create work orders for inventory and work planning/prioritization
- Assures all work performed adheres to Chevron’s Operational Excellence standards and regulatory requirements
- This position requires driving on a routine basis
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of six months current related experience in oil and gas, or related petrochemical industries
- Ability and willingness to work rotating on-call shifts, weekends and holidays of assigned work schedule and overtime based on work load
- Must live within 50 miles of the work place or be willing to relocate and posses a valid driver's license. Company vehicle will not be available for commute
- Associate's degree in Petroleum or Process Technology or related technology discipline
- Two years current related experience in oil and gas, or related petrochemical industries
- Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and production related issues
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance of production and facility equipment
- Familiar with pneumatic/electronic instrumentation
- Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), CMMS, SCADA, and an aptitude for learning new software packages
- Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers
- Ability to manage time effectively, and work with minimal supervision
Relocation benefits will be considered within Chevron’s parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.