Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Manager, Global Community and Public Health Programs located in Houston, Tx. or San Ramon, Ca. through July 17, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Manager for Global Community and Public Health Programs is responsible for leading strategy development of Chevron’s Global and Community Health resources and oversees implementation of Chevron high profile Global Public Health communicable/non-communicable disease initiatives including HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria. It is responsible for leveraging Chevron’s corporate and in-country medical resources with national health agencies and international NGOs to effectively address and remediate Chevron employee/family vulnerabilities to these diseases by helping to develop the health infrastructure for all citizens of the countries where Chevron operates.
The position is also responsible for the effective deployment of programs and implementation of strategies for Global Health and Medical and serves as the chief advisor on Health and Medical internal and external strategic communications.
Other duties include organizing and delivering efficient administrative performance across the Global Health and Medical organizations including department-wide goals relating to Organizational Capabilities.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and plan with appropriate stakeholders strategic plans to respond to public health outbreaks that affect business operations and company reputation.
- Consult and coordinate with corporate and in-country HES, PGPA and HR, to insure congruence of efforts in deploying effective health programs that positively impact Chevron Business Units, employees and surrounding communities.
- Partner with Health and Medical’s three Regional Medical Directors and in-country medical departments to create and sustain integrated preventative health resources (education, training, tools) aimed at preventing incidents of communicable and non-communicable disease.
- Recognized subject matter expert by PGPA in contributing to their ongoing efforts to tell the Chevron story on health, informing both globally and locally of Chevron’s concrete steps to promote the health and wellbeing of communities where our employees live and work.
- Recognized Chevron liaison and spokesperson to national and international forums on public health including global NGOs and United States government agencies whose mission is to address worldwide communicable and non-communicable disease issues. (i.e. Washington, DC, office on HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria issues; Also serves as liaison and key contact with White House, State Department Office of AIDS (PEPFAR), as well as key contact for GBC Health.
- Oversee business planning, PDC, and Global Health and Medical leadership team conferences – managing the accountabilities that derive from these planning sessions and ensuring follow through on critical time lines and commitments.
- Serve as the Chief of Staff/Advisor for the General Manager in all matters relating to department reputation, including both external and internal high visibility. Develops high-quality internal and external speeches and other communications for the General Manager and other Global Health and Medical functions. Initiates, develops and coordinates publications and papers for the department. Produces and oversees all Global H&M communications.
- Represents the General Manager and Leadership team in dealing with inter-company agencies and external vendors whose functions directly impact Global Health and Medical’s reputation and ability to deliver quality health services, i.e., Procurement, BRES, Corp HR, Corp Finance, etc.
- BA Degree Required
- Minimum 7 years experience required in a similar capacity
- Experience in leading strategy development of Global Public and Community Health programs and resources
- Experience developing tools and implementation efforts for Global Public and Community Health programs
- Ability to inspire confidence from senior management; strong relationship building skills.
Experience in building and maintaining relationships with high level governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Experience in public health crisis management response
- Experience entering a new and diverse organization at a senior level
- Must have previous experience in management, supervisory skills, mentoring
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills for high level internal and external communications; perceived as a good listener (includes interpersonal skills)
- Experience acting as a spokesperson/liaison with national and international forums including NGOs
- Governmental Agencies and Health Ministries
- Experience in Administration and Business Planning
- Agility in handling multiple demands amidst shifting priorities-effective decision making
- This position requires at least 20% of travel
- Master Public Health preferred
- 10 years experience in a similar capacity
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.