Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The geoscience specialist integrates geosciences data from Senior Geologists, engineers, and clients. Will use various tools to take raw data, provide integration and initial interpretation, and create accurate and timely deliverable for clients. This position must learn increasingly complex geological and engineering concepts as the duties and responsibilities of the job are essential to the IRS group operations, providing the integration, synthesis, and first interpretation of all data required for client deliverables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive samples from lab, and sub-sample as appropriate for specific project, test type and lithology. Perform quality assurance and control by visual inspection and knowledge of testing protocols and goals of the project and resolve any quality issues encountered.
- Works independently and within team across core analysis disciplines to perform integrations on well-specific and regional basis of geological, geochemical, petrophysical and engineering properties to generate client-ready reports.
- Performs high level quality control of lab analysis. If quality issues exist, will work with senior staff and/or laboratory to resolve issues. Also synthesizes resultant data and provides initial interpretation of data.
- Collaborates with senior staff to prepare for workshops and meetings. Will create and update all maps, cross-sections, and final reports required for such meetings.
- Manipulate images through pre-built actions utilizing Adobe Photoshop and proprietary programs.
- Create, maintain, and ensure accuracy of the geological interpretation software Geographix. Creates cross-sections and isomaps for geological interpretation. Consistent documentation and tracking of data, maps, and other geological data in projects to ensure output is correct and synthesis of data is correct.
- Utilize Powerlog to print logs and retrieve log data at given core points for integration and analysis
- Utilize DrillingInfo to find completion and production information to aid in regional and well analysis.
BA or BS required; Geology or a natural science preferred
Prefer 2+ years in geosciences field with one to two years working with geological data and software.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Aptitude for computer software skills. Strong MS Office skills required including Project. Geological mapping software Geographix or similar a plus. Must have strong analytical skills and detail orientation. Basic proficiency in Adobe Photoshop.
Must be able to lift 20 lbs. Must be able to work with dust.
Most work done in office environment. Work outside normal business hours and travel are rarely required. No hazardous materials, but must work periodically handling rocks and rock chips.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.