Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Subsea Controls Engineer located in Houston, Texas.
This position is a Technical Career Ladder position within the Subsea Controls Team of Chevron Energy Technology Company (ETC). ETC provides technology solutions for business units, supporting operations and new field development throughout the world. The Subsea Controls Team focuses on the development and integration of subsea production systems and technology into capital projects.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Specification, design, manufacture, testing, integration, installation and commissioning of subsea control systems and associated equipment.
- Engagement in design assurance activities for our major capital projects, and for providing input and guidance regarding Subsea System integrity management and condition monitoring initiatives.
- Management of technical and commercial aspects of Technology Development contracts as well as interfaces between equipment vendors and various project stakeholders including subsea (trees, manifolds, etc.), topsides, drilling and completions (IWOCS/downhole equipment/instruments), umbilical’s, and business unit operations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, or related is required.
- A minimum of 12 years oil and gas industry experience directly related to subsea control systems.
- Demonstrated experience with detailed design, manufacture, testing and installation of subsea control systems and equipment.
- Experienced with applicable industry and regulatory codes, standards, and recommended practices for subsea control systems. Ability to participate on industry committees (API, ISO, etc.).
- Ability to generate functional specifications, review design and test documentation, and oversee equipment and system manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning of subsea control systems.
- Experience with subsea control system supply, bid package preparation and evaluation.
- Experience with critical interfaces with subsea, topsides, and drilling and completions and supporting associated installation, commissioning, startup and intervention.
- Offshore medical clearance and offshore survival certification will also be required.
- International and domestic business travel to locales with subsea operations will be required. Such locations could include West Africa, Indonesia, North & South America, Australia and Europe.
- Experience performing subsea control system electrical and hydraulic transient modelling/analysis is considered a plus.
- Leadership: Demonstrated ability to coordinate and direct the efforts of others to achieve exceptional performance standards.
- Industry Experience: Minimum 12 years oil and gas industry experience directly related to subsea control systems.
- Initiative: Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, be self-directing, and strongly proactive.
- Teamwork: Strong communicator, who excels at building relationships with customers, contractors and colleagues.
- Health, Environment & Safety: Places the highest priority on health and safety, in addition to the protection of assets and the environment.
- Project Management: Demonstrated capability of working as part of a multi-functional team, including vendor management (communication, cost, schedule, MOC, etc.) and stakeholder management. Has good knowledge of economic drivers and uses this knowledge to make or influence decisions.
- Technology: Demonstrated experience with technology development and qualification, as well as understanding of operational and integrity management considerations for Subsea Control Systems.
Relocation will be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions: Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.