Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Land GIS Analyst, located in Houston, Texas, through July 16, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID # 379502
The Land GIS System Team supports all GIS functions for each of the Chevron North America Exploration and Production Company (CNAEP) Land Business Units. With Land GIS Analysts located in Houston and Midland, Texas, Bakersfield, California, and Coraopolis, Pennsylvania; our team is responsible for providing GIS based technical solutions, information products, data, and services to enable Land personnel to effectively manage Land assets and contract obligations.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Capture and store land spatial data relative to Chevron’s current land grid system and in accordance with GIS data standards.
- Delivering timely and accurate population and maintenance of ArcSDE database.
- Ensure dynamic data access and mapping capability utilizing ESRI ArcGIS product suite
- Provide spatial support, guidance and services to customers for initiatives that require a more expanded or complex use of the land spatial data, including acreage position, legal description discrepancies and validating spatial locations.
- Ensure continuous improvement of software, technology and work processes
- Developed and implement routine reports, data extraction procedures, custom work process to facilitate the maintenance and use of the spatial database.
- Interface with Land and other GIS counterparts throughout the company to complete task in a group environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Geoscience, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline
- Experience and/or working knowledge of ESRI Suite of software, general analyst and dataset tools (Excel, Access, Oracle, Spotfire, SharePoint, Web, etc.)
- Knowledge JAVA Scripts, Python, SQL Scripting
- Knowledge of various land survey methodologies (PLSS, OTLS, Tax Parcel, Official Protraction Diagrams & Offshore Lease Map Diagrams) and land description types (aliquot parts, metes & bounds, tax parcel IDs).
- Excellent communication skills; ability to create and update system documentation, reports, and communicate with the customer on the appropriate user level; able to understand and interpret customer requirements
- Familiarity with ArcGIS server (Map Services & Imager Services), ArcSDE on Oracle environments
- Experience automating with scripting languages, preferably Python
- Demonstrated ability to train others
- Oil and Gas industry experience
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this positon.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.