Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Philippines Inc. (CPI) markets the Caltex® brand, which is Chevron's customer facing brand in Asia Pacific and parts of the Middle East and Africa. Chevron Philippines operates a network of about 665 Caltex service stations/retail outlets across the Philippines. Chevron also provides for the fuel and lubricants needs of the commercial and industrial sectors. Fuel products such as Caltex with Techron® and Caltex Diesel with Techron D as well as lubricants such as Havoline® and Delo® are also available at all Caltex service stations.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Retail Marketing Management Trainee located in Makati City, Philippines through July 20, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Retail - RBC
- Learn the retail trade business. Assists the Business Consultants in ensuring the achievement of District/Zone’s objectives by actively engaging internal and external customers to clarify expectations and requirements (preparation and validation of rack pricing, prepare for grand opening, promotion, sales targets are attained, BM implement customer service consistently)
- Actively assist RBC on the execution of Branded Marketer Optimization Program (eg. coordinates with BM partners on training, attends monthly business review, helping in improving the scorecards of each partners)
- Provides analysis on financial statements, financial impacts of an initiative both for BM and CPI as well (eg. discounts, marketing supports)
- Tracks critical activities for the district such as strategic network plan and other programs
- Assists RBC in coordination with the BM organization and other administrative matters
- Assists District in yearly planning
- Acts as a BM RBC in cases where the RBC is not available (eg. leaves, conflict of schedule)
Retail - NBAs
- Learns and understands the process of putting up a site using different tools (eg. triangulation method of volume prediction, Appropriation Request, relevant and financial and economic indicators, layout and standards) and branding process
- Assists and acts as NBAs by joining site rides, preparing appropriation request, ensuring different tools such as trading area analysis are accomplished, traffic counts, coordination to Asset Optimization are done timely
- In some circumstances, acts as NBAs whenever the NBAs is not available (eg. leaves, conflict of schedule)
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Marketing, Accounting or any related course
- 1 to 2 years of experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player and willingness to learn
- Knowledge in MS Office applications
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidates will work in The Philippines under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.