Skills: Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is part of the Criterion Customer Facing Organization (CFO) in the Americas region.
Technical Service Engineer providing hydroprocessing catalyst support (catalyst selection, optimization, troubleshooting and value creation), project support (clean fuels, licensing and revamps), and customer support to multiple US refineries. This position will serve as an additional resource to the customer account teams to help balance team workloads with expectation that after a short period (~6 months) will be ready to work closely with the sales team on a few specific customer accounts and then transition to full time customer account support when the opportunity arises.
Provide internal technical support to the Technical Service Engineers assigned to customer accounts and project support to customers and/or licensing. Assist the Technical Service Engineers with back-office support as they provide hydroprocessing catalyst technical support to Shell and 3rd party refining clients helping them achieve differentiated performance results through catalytic solutions which provide the greatest return on customer's catalyst investment. Assist customers achieve optimal catalyst performance results and ensure Criterion's products and service are viewed as the best. Become prepared to transition into full customer technical engineer support role as the need arises.
- Assist Technical Service Engineers supporting customers to prepare catalyst performance estimates and technical proposals according to customer requests.
- Assist Technical Service Engineers supporting customers analyze data and assist with troubleshooting efforts, as needed, to assist customers.
- Learn the models and CFO practices to be prepared to directly provide assistance to Shell and 3rd party refineries when needed.
- Assist with model and tool development, improvements and troubleshooting.
- Help develop case studies on customer success stories which demonstrate to customers the value that Criterion products and technical know-how bring to the customer's operations.
- Document successes that customers achieve with Criterion catalysts and technical support to share within Criterion organization.
- Assist customers as catalyst loading consultant when loading specialists are unavailable.
- Assist customers with catalyst activation to ensure catalysts perform as expected.
- Prepare project/design oriented catalyst performance estimates working with commercial teams, licensing and Engineering/Construction companies.
- Willingness to travel 30% of the time with occasionally higher levels to cover loading, startups, troubleshooting, etc. Travel will be primarily in the US and Canada.
- Will also likely have direct responsibility for providing technical support to a few customers.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- BS Chemical Engineering or comparable science/engineering degree
- Minimum five (5+) years' experience in refinery technical, operations, and/or planning positions, refinery technology delivery
- Hydrotreating experience required
- Skill level in catalyst selection and advice
- Skill level in preparation of catalyst performance estimates, catalyst activation and startup, operations support, unit monitoring, troubleshooting, and technical proposals.
- Knowledge in evaluating technical risk
- Knowledge in Reactor Circuit Design and defining process specifications for project/licensing work
- Must be capable of leading diagnostic conversations with both internal and external stakeholders and customers, and using technical know-how to develop differentiated commercial solutions.
- Strong HSSE track record
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Outstanding time management skills and self-starter/self-directed
- Very strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video