Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- The Country Health Advisor is responsible for implementing companywide occupational health strategies, advice, solutions and services. This includes working closely with stakeholders to improve occupational health in Shell UAE and Kuwait and undertaking strategic development to achieve a sustainable health programs.
- Implement Human Performance and Care strategies to improve safe and sustainable work by employees and at times contractors
- Provide high quality, fit for purpose occupational health solutions, services, and advice to all Shell Companies in UAE, Shell NOVs and partner companies in areas of clinical, occupational, environmental, community and public health, in line with Shell standards and local legislation. Shell UAE is comprised of Upstream and Downstream Businesses (including secondees to JV in Abu Dhabi) and Shell in Kuwait works closely with KOC Kuwait Oil Company (JV).
- Responsible for ensuring systems are maintained for effective Medical Emergency Response and access to safe medical services for Shell staff based in or travelling to the UAE or Kuwait
The incumbent supports Shell businesses as follows:
Shell in UAE and Kuwait is comprised of both Upstream and Downstream Business.
- Offices: Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait Offices include around 500 plus employees and contractors. Both Upstream and Downstream businesses are based in these offices. Additional Shell staff is imbedded in KOC offices in Kuwait and JV in Abu Dhabi.
- Sites: Dubai have two operational terminals (JAT & SCT) in Jebel Ali Free zone. Shell also conduct In to Plane (ITP) Operations at Dubai International Airport and Al Maktoum Airport. Quarterly (more if required) travel to these sites is essential.
- Upstream field operation in Kuwait are controlled and managed by KOC and require assessment by the incumbent to assure health, safety and wellbeing of seconded staff.
- Ensure quality of health and medical service support to Shell employees under annual SH Budget.
- Direct coordination of work activities related to health management including authorization of sick leave, medical expense claims, case management, medical referrals and liaising with medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality care and medical treatment. Coordination the of consultancy contracted doctors onsite.
- Active participation and collaboration with colleagues based in other countries in the region to both get and provide support in achieving health goals such as those described above.
Shell Health Advisor UAE & Kuwait's responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide assurance of the compliance to the Health Manuals, Impact Assessment and MERP components of the HSSE&SP CF in Shell operated businesses.
- Ensure health risks and related liabilities are effectively managed in NOVs
- Promote collaboration among functions and businesses in the application of HP&C and WHP tools
- Member SH MEA Regional leadership team, participating as required in work plans as directed by Regional Health Manager Shell Health MEA.
- Lead corporate and be the face of wellbeing initiatives including Care/Resilience, etc.
- Provide direct and timely advice to employees in complex/critical medical cases, representing a duty of care on company's behalf
Country Chairs (Dubai for Upstream, LSDR (Local Senior DS Representative) & Abu Dhabi and Kuwait), Regional Health Manager MENA, Business and Senior Leaders, HR leaders, Regional and Global Health community. Act as Shell Health's representative as a member of DCT (Dubai coordination Team).
There are no direct reports to this role.
Business leaders in KOC, Health authorities at National level, local government and hospital level; peers' inter-industry, academic, professional associations, health insurances, governmental, regulatory and NGO level. Health contractors and other contractors.
Shell has been active in the United Arab Emirates since 1957. In the UAE, Shell is involved in every stage of the petroleum value chain - from the discovery and production of oil and gas to the distribution, marketing and retailing of oil, gas and petrochemicals. Your career at Shell UAE will thrive, thanks to its unrivalled career development programme that will see you tap into a pool of local and global experts that will help you unlock your potential and thereby help Shell expand its innovative scope. Shell UAE trades with customers throughout UAE and neighbouring regions from individual entrepreneurs and small businesses to major industry and multi-national companies. Shell UAE believes in giving back to the community: the Emirates Businesswoman Award, for example, aims to raise the profile of active business women in the UAE and encourages them to take on active roles.
Special Challenges & Complexity
The complexity of the position is determined by:
- The need to have in-depth and in-breadth comprehensive knowledge of both workplace health issues and HSE management systems.
- Professional skills, including ability to work effectively with multi-cultural and ethnic diversity.
- Strong and effective interpersonal, communication, organizational and management skills
- Able to foster teamwork; with clients/stakeholders, as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team based in different locations via direct or virtual tools of communication
- Work independently to manage priorities, balance multiple objectives and drive novel approaches to achieve business goals
- Strong focus on compliance, including legislation, data privacy and confidentiality regulations
- Response to business needs in a timely manner in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment of high demands.
- Influence NOV partner, health teams to work efficiently, effective and fit for purpose approach and that scales to deliver future operations phase.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of outcome based management
- Poses a clear image of professional and personal purpose
- Broad experience in health management
- Experience of occupational health expertise in delivering health and emergency medicine delivery.
- Contract management and business management experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational & management skills.
- Strong emotional intelligence skill
- Strong customer service/stakeholder focus & ability to deliver outcomes/results.
- Skilled in conducting and applying Health Risk Assessment.
- Skilled in managing Healthcare Services, programs and Projects.
- Customer oriented with demonstrated good quality of communication skills.
- Fluent communicator in English, both verbal and written. Verbal and written command of Arabic is advantageous.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video