Skills: HR - General
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated Pensions & Benefits Lead Germany to join our German Head office in Hamburg.
This position acts as specialist and leader in the area of pension & social benefits, contributing to a competitive Employee Value Proposition. Leading a team of three direct reports, you will manage the administration, adjustment and design of pension schemes & benefits components, providing solid and creative subject matter expertise with commercial acumen/numeracy, legal understanding and continuous improvement mindset. You will also control significant liabilities and the interface with external service providers.
- Provide expert advice by providing supervision, guidance & coaching to line managers and HR colleagues on pension & benefit related issues
- Keep company pension schemes in line with Group strategy and up to date with local law, regulations and business needs, monitor financial Impact
- Develop, adjust and manage social benefit policies, redundancy regulations, partial retirement scheme, including their financial components
- Act as focal point for the actuary and tax income inspection for regular pension inspections
- Adjust social benefits according to the observation and evaluation of legislation and court decisions
- Safeguarding and exhaustion to the company's advantage of all possibilities given by law or court practice in the fields of social insurance, income tax etc.
- Provide leadership, coaching and solid decision making for a team of three pension/booking advisors/administrators
At Shell Germany, our drive is to employ world-class individuals. We employ 4,200 people whose careers have benefitted from our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled inhouse access to local and global experts. We are active in many areas such as Gas, Gas Marketing, Manufacturing & Distribution of oil products, Petrochemicals as well as Research & Development. Shell in Germany is one of the biggest retailers of energy products and one of the largest refinery operators. Our extensive R&D facilities in Hamburg allow us to offer a broad range of expertise on Retail Fuels, Lubes, and Marine, Power and Engine Vehicle Technology. Shell began operations in Germany in 1902.
- University degree
- 10 years of combined HR Generalist and Specialist experience in Compensation or Policy, Finance background is an Advantage
- High level of numeracy skills and good legal understanding required
- Affinity to financial, tax and social insurance related aspects needed
- Understanding of local external market and business context
- Strong diagnostic and evaluation skills with ability to distill key themes and value drivers from complex and sometimes conflicting data and insights
- Demonstrated ability to find benefit policy solutions that balance long term country wide requirements with specific new business ones
- Proven track record in delivering results and driving continuous improvement
- Natural team player and leader with strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to establish key stakeholder relationships and work across boundaries to drive results
- Languages required: German & English
The position can also be offered part-time.
What we offer you
At Shell, we're committed to investing in the development of your career and we give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver and really excel. Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity and respect aren't simply a strap line, but are a part of everything we do. What's more, we're a company that places the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and on our inclusive approach.
Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell a flexible, an appealing, and as supportive place for women to work as we can. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by a leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
People with an impairment
At Shell we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
Just let us know about your circumstances if you'd like to apply. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a long career with us.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video