Skills: HR - General
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated Policy Advisor Germany to join our German Head office in Hamburg.
This position is responsible for delivering effective HR policy advice including services and support to HR staff, aligned to HR strategy and policies. Contributing to a competitive Employee Value Proposition, you will develop new policies/benefits and recommend changes of existing ones to respond to shifting market needs, embracing trends and enhancing attractiveness for diverse generations. You will also review policies/benefits to ensure compliance to local law/regulation and to enhance flexibility/agility and wellbeing of the workforce. Finally, you will contribute to Continuous Improvement activities to support simplification and standardization in local HR policy and processes; thus providing opportunities for an even more value adding HR contribution to the business.
- Responsible for developing new and maintaining/adjusting existing policies for Germany supporting the business and people agenda aligned with global direction
- Taking external trends and new requirements pro-actively into account, using data insights
- Support digitalization opportunities and employee-centric simplification of policies/benefit offers and processes as appropriate
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of (potential) changes in German regulations or law
- Revising policies as needed based on new law, requirements and business requests
- Where applicable support appropriate and effective consultation with Staff Councils in the area of compensation and benefits
- Deliver effective HR policy advice, services and support
All tasks will need to be met in the context of a rapidly evolving model for HR management within the Group. As with most policy positions, the incumbent will need to be able to manage complex and sensitive issues within both HR and business, deal with tension between driving compliance and responding to business needs and balance country solutions with the framework of global policies.
At Shell Germany, our drive is to employ world-class individuals. We employ 4,200 people whose careers have benefitted from our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled inhouse access to local and global experts. We are active in many areas such as Gas, Gas Marketing, Manufacturing & Distribution of oil products, Petrochemicals as well as Research & Development. Shell in Germany is one of the biggest retailers of energy products and one of the largest refinery operators. Our extensive R&D facilities in Hamburg allow us to offer a broad range of expertise on Retail Fuels, Lubes, and Marine, Power and Engine Vehicle Technology. Shell began operations in Germany in 1902.
- Graduate with professional HR background and several years work experience, ideally including exposure to a Start Up or New Businesses environment
- Prior experience in HR Operations/Policy/ER/IR and good legal understanding of Advantage
- Proven track record of innovative approaches including effective communications, structured planning, change management and stakeholder identification/Management
- Understanding of local external market trends, business context, and value drivers to derive insights to drive effective long-term policy decision-making
- Strong diagnostic and evaluation skills with the ability to distill key themes and value drivers from complex and sometimes conflicting data and insights
- Flexible and responsive to a changing Environment
- Natural team player, autonomous, self-motivated and proactive
- Languages required: German & English
What we offer you
At Shell, we're committed to investing in the development of your career and we give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver and really excel. Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity and respect aren't simply a strap line, but are a part of everything we do. What's more, we're a company that places the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and on our inclusive approach.
Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell a flexible, an appealing, and as supportive place for women to work as we can. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by a leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
People with an impairment
At Shell we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
Just let us know about your circumstances if you'd like to apply. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a long career with us.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video