Skills: HR - General
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated HR Professional to join Shell in Hamburg. As HR Professional with focus on Employee & Industrial Relations (ER/IR) you will be responsible to proactively manage and enable a healthy ER/IR environment in Germany especially for the two Project & Technology sites (Hamburg and Leuna), using data to identify emerging ER/IR trends and define mitigations for potential future risks.
Accountabilities will include:
- Manage local consultation processes and requirements
- Manage external risks and ensure compliance with external legislative requirements
- Support legal entity related boards (e.g. Supervisory boards)
- Develop and leverage relationship with internal Employee Representative bodies
- Translate Germany ER philosophy to site ER Strategy and plan
- Run proactive interventions aimed at improving quality of leadership/ employee engagement through line Managers
- Execute Germany and site-specific culture and work environment programmes incl. health and welfare
- Drive and support an inclusive workforce and the overall D&I agenda for the Business and site
- Manage high-impact or high-risk individual or collective disciplinary, grievance or other ER/IR issues
At Shell Germany, our drive is to employ world-class individuals. We employ 4,200 people whose careers have benefitted from our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled inhouse access to local and global experts. We are active in many areas such as Gas, Gas Marketing, Manufacturing & Distribution of oil products, Petrochemicals as well as Research & Development. Shell in Germany is one of the biggest retailers of energy products and one of the largest refinery operators. Our extensive R&D facilities in Hamburg allow us to offer a broad range of expertise on Retail Fuels, Lubes, and Marine, Power and Engine Vehicle Technology. Shell began operations in Germany in 1902.
- University degree level qualification
- Experienced HR practitioner with proven knowledge of Labor Law
- Deep subject matter Expertise in Country-specific ER/IR legislation, regulations, directives, practices and processes & employee representative processes including CLAs
- Able to identify and understand local external market trends (economic, political, social) and to derive insights to drive effectively a long-term ER/IR Environment
- Organizational health/capability diagnostic and design skills
- Strong influencing and coaching skills to effectively manage a broad range of both external and internal stakeholders including 3rd party bodies and government agencies
- Deep subject matter expertise in country-specific ER/IR legislation, regulations, directives, practices and processes & employee representative processes including CLAs
- Collaboration/integrative leadership (with other parts of the HR organization)
- Fluent in German and English
What we offer you
At Shell, we're committed to investing in the development of your career and we give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver and really excel. Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity and respect aren't simply a strap line, but are a part of everything we do. What's more, we're a company that places the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and on our inclusive approach.
Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell a flexible, an appealing, and as supportive place for women to work as we can. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by a leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
People with an impairment
At Shell we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
Just let us know about your circumstances if you'd like to apply. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a long career with us.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video