Position available in the Land GIS Team. The Land GIS team is responsible for supporting the data needs of Marathon-s North American Resource Plays in Texas, Oklahoma, North Dakota, and Permian; including Exploration and Business Development opportunities. -Applicants with exceptional critical thinking skills, with a strong interest in analytics and reporting are encouraged to apply. Must have the aptitude and desire to learn new competencies and skills.
- Translate stakeholders requirements into reporting deliverables using Marathons reporting and data visualization tools
- Assist Land Department with dashboard, report generation and ad hoc reports related to analytics and metrics
- Participate in evaluating new technologies so as to ensure the advancement of technology within the Land Organization
- Understand, interpret, and analyzes data quickly, and is responsible for data mapping validation, user training
- Ensure continued data management processes and best practices within the Land Organization
- Understand and adhere to existing data management structures, processes and procedures.
- Possess or gain knowledge of Jeffersonian and Texas Abstract land survey systems, including Tax Parcels and Tax Jurisdictions as well as metes and bounds legal descriptions
- Possess or pursue an understanding of the Land Software Suite/Data and how it correlates to spatial data and its processes
- Work with GIS team to assist in maintaining geodatabases and applications
- Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Prior experience in Business Intelligence/Analytics/Reporting using Power BI, SAS or similar package
- Experience with data visualization software (Spotfire, Tableau or similar), ETL tools and data warehouses
- Experience with Oracle, SQL Server and relational databases
- Familiarity with GIS and ESRI Products is a plus
- 3-5 years of experience supporting reporting and data visualization environments
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.