Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Den Helder, North Holland, Netherlands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
For different Clients we're looking for experienced (certified) welders (MIG/MAG, TIG, Electrode). It concerns work in various projects, as wel pipes and constructions.
KEY JOB TASKS
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
- Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and tank linings.
- Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
RESPONSIBILITES & AUTHORITIES
- Reporting unsafe working conditions to the Foreman;
- Operating and maintaining of machinery in a safe and correct way;
- Reporting nonconformities to the Foreman;
- Looking after personal equipment and machinery;
- Participating in HSE instructions and trainings;
- Using handed out PPE's;
- Stopping all activities in case of unsafe situations;
- Attending toolbox meetings;
- Reporting accidents and incidents;
- Noting kilometre declaration of company vehicles;
- Presenting declarations to the Foreman;
- Determining a day-off or vacation in consultation with the Foreman.
- Perform Last Minute Risk Analyses prior to execution.
- Lower education or equal, to be assessed by the Board of Directors
- Basic safety VCA (VVA1)
- Knowledge of Dutch and/or English in speaking
- Welding certificates conform norms (IS0 9606, AMSE, AWS)
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.