Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Planner / Scheduler
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Integrated Planner located in Bangkok, Thailand with requsition ID 355906.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to go through the selection process. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified at the end of the recruiting process.
Position Close Date: Sunday 5 August 2018.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
1. Project management
- Identify and implement opportunities to support operations and logistics in order to optimize the operating cost or improve operation efficiency through Chevron project management approach principles, adhering to capital stewardship organizational capaility expectations, and driving behaviors necessary to ensure high level decision quality and cost performance
2. Planning and reporting
- Collaborate with stakeholders and operations planners to develop comprehensive and integrated plans in order to effectively execute offshore works that meet or exceed business plan targets
- Work with Logistics team to create optimized logistic requirements and plans
- Develop integrated annual, 90-days and 28-days utilization plans for shared resources, e.g. accommodation vessels and crew boat. The plans shall incorporate the work demands from Drilling, Completions, Facility Engineering, Maintenance and Operations
- Develop scenarios and recommend optimized number of marine logistic resources and sensitivity to support operations to deliver business plan targets
3. Continuous Improvement
- Engage stakeholders to review, improve and streamline operations planning processes where possible
- Actively participate in the planning review process to identify and implement improvements which promote consistency, robustness and efficiency in the process
4. Decision analysis
- Support the Operations in performing economic and decision analysis for small and medium projects.
- Develop economic models for project economics, business insights and decision-making support.
- Provide support to Budget allocation team governance and COG resource allocation meeting
- Knowledge of offshore oil and gas operations and their challenges; and operations planning process. Understanding of relationship between business plans and annual, 90/28-days ops plans
- Understanding of the priority and the sequence of offshore ops works. Management and optimization of offshore shared resources
- Influencing and managing interfaces with stakeholders
- Operations planning skills. Understanding of marine logistics management and their challenges
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to support collaboration with others
- Use of analytical thinking, consulting, and problem solving when responding to difficult situations, identify options, and implement proposed solutions quickly and decisively
- Understanding of economic principles, metrics, risks and how they applied. Use of economic impact to support decision making process
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.