Skills: Paramedic / Nurse
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron Nigeria Limited is accepting online applications for the position of Staff Physician Surgeon located in Lagos or Warri, Nigeria
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide day to day surgical care services and call coverage
- Develop a minimal access surgical services and endoscopy services
- Provide surgical assistance for Obstetrics and Gynecology Operations
- Lead surgical Team in Medical division to provide superior surgical services in a safe and controlled condition
- Support Occupational health and preventive surgical health
- Provide other General Medical services and Emergency medical response
- Support the medical leadership in the day to day hospital administration
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the medical leadership or Medical Director.
- Special Skills
- Working experience in minimal access surgery and endoscopy
- Leadership skills - Must demonstrate ability to lead the Medical Team in patient management and decision making.
- IT skills – proficiency in computer use and IT applications especially medical information system is essential
- Desirable Skills
- Emergency medicine qualifications - BLS, ACLS & ATLS
- Effective communication skills – Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with patients as well as other Team members as a tool for effective management
FWACS (Fellow of the West African College of Surgeons) or FMCS (Fellow of the Medical College of Surgeon) or Equivalent Specialist Qualification in General Surgery
• Five (5) year post fellowship qualification in general surgery
Staff Physician Surgeon
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.