Skills: Contracts Engineer
Other Skills: EPC BACKGROUND
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
i. Execute subcontracts activities for major projects.
ii. Formulate suitable tendering strategy, depending upon the scope, value and time schedule.
iii. Play a lead role in conducting site visits, pre-tender meetings and coordinate with legal/finance sections.
iv. Supervise a small team of staff to achieve their responsibilities.
v. Mentor and train junior staff.
• Analyze scope and specifications for Major works and services to be contracted to clarify work aspects and verify technical evaluation criteria.
• Hold discussions with the Sub Contracts Manager (SCM) to formulate the best contracting strategy and thus propose contract type and compensation/pricing method.
• Study the risk exposure of the Company and develop the best pricing strategy applicable for the contract, in consultation with the user to achieve Company objectives.
• Establish bidders' prequalification criteria with the SCM to assess Contractors' capabilities and recommend bidders' list for approval.
• Clarify tech-commercial exceptions raised by bidders through consultation with legal/finance sections.
• Supervise the preparation of tenders and contracts, in coordination and consultation with the SCM, client, insurance and legal sections, and seek approval.
• Prepare necessary reports, and regularly analyze status, to alert management/client about any issues.
• Supervise the subordinates' work and ensure timely execution of assigned tasks
• Oversee the bid evaluation process to ensure the process is correctly executed.
• Oversee the preparation of final recommendations for award, and seek management approval.
• Supervise the preparation of Fax of Award as per Company Level of authority and ensure acceptance of successful contractor on such documents.
• Advise the Vendor Evaluation Group (VEG) through SCM about changes in vendors' addresses/ activities or performance.
• Review performance bank guarantees and insurance documents to verify and recommend acceptance of such guarantees.
• Participate in efforts to improve processes, procedures and systems.
• Compliance in accordance with HSE standards.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
• 10 years' experience in the administration of subcontracts/contracts/tenders in the oil and gas industry.
• Good computer literacy.
• Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
• Good knowledge of legal practices, contract laws and industry practices.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Proven supervisory skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Commercial awareness.