- The Business Process Improvement Advisor will be part of the Business Performance Improvement Team in Production Excellence Department, identifies opportunities to improve the overall site business performance against benchmarked outcomes, and close the gap to potential. Supporting the site implementation of the business performance improvement plan.
- Supporting the site implementation of the business process improvement by coordinating with Shell Global Standard experts in Operational Excellence to assist site team & discipline experts and leadership to implement best practice improvement initiatives required to ensure reliable Plant, reliable and safe production with no HSSE incidents, no unplanned downtime and without compromising Asset Integrity.
- In addition, the incumbent also supports Site business progress reporting.
1. Progress tracking and reporting of Business Performances
- Periodic Reporting on overall plan/ performance progress to site and above site
- Provide detailed performance analysis to drive value creation
- Performance tracking and KPI reporting. Familiar with Global Utilization reporting System and requirements.
- Ability to provide guidance as new opportunities arise / foreseen impacting the improvement of business outcomes.
- Supporting through, coaching and motivating the individual work streams to deliver improvement
- Monthly and quarterly analysis and reviews of progress and performance against plan.
2. Drive Business Improvement
- Focal point for Solomon Benchmarking for the site.
- Analyze the Benchmarking outcomes and summarizing key opportunity areas for improvement
- Tracking of opportunity initiatives
- Support and assist in annual Target & Resourcing process. Ability to Linkage of BIP to Business Plan (T&R) and Gap-to-Potential. (Benchmarking -SPI, Solomon, and more)
- Understand the site process improvement initiatives and business plans and how they support business improvement performance and profitability.
- Understand aspects of site manufacturing results: production, reliability, availability and safety.
3. Sustain Business Improvement -
- Support sit with Business Improvement Plan (SVGP) , Coordinating the inputs & premises (capacity, constraints, planned downtime, energy.. etc)
- Maintaining Business Improvement initiative (Mission Critical Tactics) including Benefits tracking & Poor performance issues and their resolution
- Reporting on overall plan/progress to site and above site
- Providing tracking and monitoring process/tools to work streams and supporting their use
- Overall communication and stakeholder management
4. lean continuous improvement
- Help drive the adoption of a culture of lean continuous improvement.
- Lean experience will be advantage
- Maintains Pearl GTL risk register
- Advises business on risk mitigation actions & Periodic reporting
- Collaboration with Qatar GRA , advises on best application of the Group risk standards throughout the businesses value chain.
Shell is the largest foreign investor in Qatar and has invested US$ 21 billion in Qatar alone in the past six years. Joining Shell in Qatar will see you work on some of the world's most innovative energy projects: Pearl GTL and Qatargas 4. Innovation is key at Shell, and your career will be propelled by Shell's commitment to your career, which will accelerate your learning curve and broaden your scope. Moreover, our diverse pool of global experts will see you engage with colleagues worldwide. Qatar is the world's largest LNG supplier, and Shell's global leadership in LNG will help forge growth in the years to come.
The preferred candidate will have refinery knowledge plus working knowledge with cost models, economics and related joint venture structures.
The candidate will be expected to be flexible to business needs across tight timelines with Enterprise First behaviors.
• Multiple and tight deadlines all in a short period of time. Managing a variety of stakeholders with high urgency deadlines
• Multiple requirements and guidelines on similar data and calculations, attention to detail is essential.
• Able to challenge and influence key stakeholders at senior levels with solid logic.
• Ability to foster/build close working relationships with many different stakeholders, establish role and responsibility boundaries with Site disciplines
• The role will report to Manufacturing Excellence Business Improvement Manager who is responsible for developing and driving implementation of the Asset Reference Plan (ARP)& Site value Growth Plan (SVGP); including identifying and driving specific deep dive interventions to improve site business performance.
Experience & Qualifications required
•Candidate should possess a technical degree in an engineering with advantage of /finance/ Economics subject.
•Preferably have proven experience in Upstream or Downstream Manufacturing with significant element in Business process improvement and Operational Excellence.
•Knowledge in a refinery or petrochemical plant operations/process and Work process management
•Prior experience in Benchmarking (Solomon refinery, base oils, ECC) exercises and good grasp on input requirements, validation, GTQ analysis
•Ability to troubleshoot and analyze problems in depth and can set up comprehensive performance monitoring programmes.
Must have strong analytical skills to collect, compile, organize, track and analyze data.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, combined with analytical ability and attention to details, are essential to manage multiple working interfaces at various levels in the organisation.
Independent, self-motivated individual who is able to operate in an ambiguous, fast paced environment
• Strong communication/presentation skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment (Team player)
• Flexible and adaptable to change when facing ambiguous and unstructured environment/arrangements.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.