Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Godley, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position requires a highly experienced and skilled machinist with thorough knowledge of both conventional and CNC machining.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Must meet all requirements of a Machinist 1.
- Perform complete machine set-up without assistance.
- Diagnose process problems and apply appropriate corrections.
- Ability to read and interpret precision-measuring instruments.
- Ability to set-up and operate conventional machines without assistance..
- Machine acme, stub acme, "V" threads, round and buttress threads.
- Ability to consistently work within a tolerance of +.000/-.001 ranges.
- Working knowledge of GD&T and have ability to use when required..
- Download programs to CNC machines and experience in trouble shooting and making edits in CNC programs.
- Must possess the ability to write simple programs on CNC machines and knowledge to understand and use the correct "G" and "M" codes.
- To furnish their own basic precision measuring tools and all hand tools.
- Ability to understand and adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
- Follow company Quality Control standard, Interpret and apply ISO standards.
- Maintain a communication log at the machine to record all alarms and issues encountered during the shift, and provide clear communications between shifts, both written and verbal.
- Accurately complete required paperwork and utilize electronic time keeping hardware/ software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of two year machine shop certification course from an accredited college or university, or 7 or more years of CNC,and conventional machining experience. Ability to write simple CNC programs at machine. Ability to distinguish between different metals used in process. Working knowledge of basic metal cutting principles. Basic knowledge of tooling nomenclature. Proven knowledge of applying speeds, feeds and tooling requirements for carbon, tooling grade, and stainless steel materials.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and trig functions.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical machine shop environment including exposure to sharp edges, pinch points, powered rotating equipment, shavings, chips, dust, fumes, chemicals and noise. Safety glasses with side shields and steel toed boots/shoes required to be worn at all times. Face shield when required.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.