Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of SR Emerging Services Engineer located in Houston, TX or San Ramon, CA / United States through July 17, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Support the Emerging Services Leader to deliver the Cloud Strategy, aligned with business strategies and ITC goals. Identify key interactions to enable the Business and Project Managers deliver Operational Support models . Assist in the delivery and the commercialization of these services.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the business, architects and project manager to develop an operational support models to enable sustain reliability and availability of new services
- Interact with inter-dependent Chevron initiatives (i.e. programs and projects) that require new cloud technology services develop roadmaps, collaborate to ensure technology is integrated into the CVX eco-system of technology and processes.
- Collaborate with the Snr Cloud Engineer to bring emerging technology operational requirements, identify short term deliverables to support business needs and long term plans to full commercialize the service offering through the SDM and Cloud Service Manager
- Understand and share the emerging services landscape and near-term technology trends, to inform the cloud operational teams potential impact or optimization opportunities
- Lead emerging services initiatives for the public cloud team and identify the appropriate landing point for operational support as they moved into production , focused on Azure Services
- Mentors and Coaches – Project Managers, and Technologists
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields.
- 5+ years’ experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming, fluent in Microsoft tools, proficient in applying common design patterns, ability to communicate design ideas effectively.
- Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications.
- Truly exceptional object-oriented programming and debugging skills in Microsoft tools
- A keen eye for good architecture and the ability to develop new architectures and frameworks
- Passionate and detailed approach to software development
- Knowledge of security/access control, scalability, high availability, concurrency, online diagnoses, deployment, upgrade/migration, internationalization and production support
- Proficient in major development tools and processes, such as source control, requirement spec, design and design review, unit test, system test, performance test, etc.
- Work collaborative with a large variety of different teams
- Work designing and implementing emerging services on the Azure platform
- Proven ability to take leadership role in projects that span multiple teams, ability to deliver on time working in a fast paced agile environment, ability to work with product managers to clarify and prune requirements, strong verbal and written communication.
- Participate as an active member in embedded Agile/Tiger Teams to enable cross training and keeping skills current
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.