Skills: IT - Software Development, Risk Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bakersfield, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of PCN Information Risk Management Analyst located in Bakersfield, CA California / United States through July 16, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position reports to the SJV IRM Team Lead and is responsible for compliance of the PCN environment and a subset of cyber security related activities.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Assure compliance to Chevron IRM Standards for PCN environment -Review submitted tasks and evidence, work with technical teams
- Assure adherence and validation to technical controls (IRM Standards) of existing assets and incoming projects – Reporting on existing asset compliance and collaboration with project teams
- Execution and management of Archer compliance tasks and plans – Complete compliance tasks. Create and update assets, tasks and plans
- Execution and management of CNAEP\Upstream initiatives – Understand requirements, monitor and drive execution
- Facilitates preparation for and execution of corporate audit engagements
- Execution of corporate processes – DR\BCP,SIRP
- Works with technical teams on risk acceptances and exceptions
- Advises technical teams on IRM Standards (NIST), tasks and processes to comply
- Distributes and advises on vulnerability and security advisories
- Cybersecurity Incident response coordination including awareness and preparations
- Coordinates and facilitates implementation of corporate IRSM and cyber plans and initiatives
- Oversee management of Security Event and Incident Management platforms (SEIM) and other detect and respond tools and processes
- 7 years relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of bachelors degree
- Minimum 2 years experience in Information Risk\Cyber Security role
- Industry Compliance standards (e.g. NIST 800-53);
- Cybersecurity fluency and understanding of industry trends
- 5+ years experience in Information Risk\Cyber Security role
- PCN technology fluency
- Experience conducting IT Risk Assessments
- Experience in 1 or more IT technologies
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Bakersfield
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.