Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom, IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Process Control Network Lead located in Houston, TX Texas / United States through July 16, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Lubricants is investing in infrastructure and tools across the globe to position the business for growth. The Supply Chain Digitization Program is on its full pace; This position is an embedded IT role, working closely with Lubricants within Downstream to enable business growth goals and strategies.
Leads Process Control Network (PCN) technical team to all the Lubricants Plants sites. This is a working lead position and will be responsible for managing PCN systems in the plants. SCADA environment to ensure operational effectiveness. Develops and implements standards and best practices supporting mission-critical Plants-based PCN (Yokogawa & Non- Yokogawa) infrastructure in areas such as servers, applications, security firewalls, network switches, Standard Security Architecture.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Leads development and implementation of PCN integrity program to ensure network continuity.
- Manages, collaboratively PCN assets to include firewalls and demilitarized zone (DMZ) physically separating and eliminating direct communication between enterprise and site.
- Manage team of PCN Analysts (Domestic as well as Internationally) and perform their PMPs and other administrative activities.
- Leads development and implementation of PCN integrity program to ensure network continuity. Develops, tracks and reports PCN performance metrics. Conducts trend analysis and recommends improvement/optimization opportunities. Participates in root cause analysis of hardware and software failures and incident investigations. Works with sites’ Technicians in conducting routine inspections and initiating corrective actions as needed.
- Mentors PCN Analysts. Identifies knowledge gaps. Suggests training curricula to leadership. Assists with training to improve skill sets for PCN asset management
- Collaborate with PCN Architect and share responsibilities for Standard Security Architecture (SSA). Assesses sites’ compliance to cyber security standard for process control. Identifies gap closure measures and tracks to completion.
- Conducts, in collaboration with logistics assets, vulnerability analysis to assess PCN security risks. Establishes, implements and actively manages appropriate cyber security measures and practices defining preemptive and protective actions to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Work closely with IRM Coordinator and support successful implementation of RRRM (Risk Register/Risk Module (RRRM) Deployment, Cybersecurity Table Top Exercise, PCN Vulnerability Assessments.
- Shares IT Audits responsibilities with the PCN Architect and IRM Coordinator
- Gain exposure to real world cybersecurity related threats and how they can impact Chevron’s business.
- Interact with business, engineering and IT partners across the entire process control environment.
- Domestic and International travel required.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of in depth technical knowledge and experience implementing control methodology and programming in Yokogawa Centum VP, Yokogawa Exaquantum Historian & Exaquantum Batch and Reporting, and knowledge of Yokogawa Manufacturing Data Exchange (MDX) system. Experience in Integration with other applications such as Manufacturing Integration & Intelligence (MII)
- Strong Information Technology and Cyber Security background.
- Broad understanding of various information technology areas used to support and manage the process control network (i.e. web, networking, database, ICS, SCADA, etc.).
- Previous experience as a system administrator, application developer, programmer and familiarity with MS Windows or UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Strong core understanding of PCN environments, security tests and experience, possess strong skills in both computer and networking hardware and software found in process control environments.
- Excellent technical expertise (in both breadth and depth), written communication skills, time management skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with numerous lines of business representatives. Adherence to the highest standards of safety, ethics, and professional conduct are critical requirements of this position.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, to include nights and weekends
- Ability to identify and prioritize discovered vulnerabilities in enterprise PCN systems, addressing both business risks and technical risks and able to translate those risks into business language so that they can be understood by the stakeholder community and addressed by an appropriate vulnerability remediation and risk mitigation plan.
- Experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Effective analytical and critical thinking skills - proven problem solving and remediation
- Ability to build and maintain relationships throughout the enterprise and to effectively engage subject matter experts as needed to ultimately draw upon the best experience base possible.
- Solid team player willing to share new technology knowledge with the team, the greater PCN/cybersecurity organization and Chevron's IT community.
- Ability to engage and interview stakeholders requesting vulnerability management services to capture key information needed to effectively understand, clearly articulate and document the scope of a vulnerability assessment engagement.
- Understanding and basic knowledge of MS SQL database management
- Knowledge of VB or Power shell scripting, MS Excel/Access macro, and SQL queries
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Knowledge of Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition Systems (SCADA) and configuration of Programmable logic controllers (PLC's)
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.