Skills: Financial Audit
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Finance - IT Auditor located in Houston, TX Texas / United States through July 8, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Do you want the only assignment in the IT Function that allows broad and global exposure to all aspects of Chevron's business through several lean mini-projects per year?
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- IT Audit follows industry standard audit procedures to provide assurance in IT (cybersecurity, enterprise processes, and consulting) across Chevron’s enterprise. Our work involves US and Non-US field work and testing from Azure and bots to platforms and refineries to external 3rd parties and suppliers. Our in scope technologies include Process Control Networks, Firewalls/Routers/Switches, Applications, Servers, Databases, etc.. Enterprise processes include Emergency, Change, and Patch management, along with Data Privacy (incl local regulations such as GDPR). We stay in front of technology adoption in Chevron by providing advisories and consulting engagements in Azure, Azure Stack, RPA, PaaS/IaaS, and in the future IoT, and Blockchain.
- Each incoming Auditor is onboarded by a dedicated OC coordinator in a formal manner with specialized training in Audit 101, Critical Thinking, eColors, Giving/Receiving Feedback, etc., and will be paired with an experienced auditor who will mentor through the first couple of audits. New auditors will start participating in Audits as early as upon joining Audit!
- Auditors will participate in teams conducting 7 audits (blocks) per year, each lasting approximately 3weeks of field work, and 2 weeks of planning and wrap. We conduct one competency assessment a year. We ensure all auditors are gaining invaluable technical and soft skills by placing them into audits for different technologies, processes, and lines of business throughout the year. Auditors have access to subject matter experts who are either in the field with them, or are available remotely. We encourage Auditors to learn about technologies that are completely out of their comfort zone.
- Experience will expand the candidate’s functional and technical competencies while exposing them to both corporate and worldwide operating company environments.
- Position conducts all aspects of an audit engagement with activities such as: audit planning, data & risk analysis, conducting meetings and interviews with all levels of client and audit personnel and management, persuasively recommend risk based improvement opportunities, reach concurrence on audit findings, and write the audit summary report.
- During this assignment, candidate will also significantly strengthen Communication, Stakeholder Engagement & Influencing, Leadership, Conflict Resolution, Risk Identification and Mitigation, and Technical skills (Cloud, Cyber, Infrastructure, Apps, etc.).
- This is a senior position in IT Audit and requires that selection criteria be met adequately.
- Bachelor's in IT, or related science/engineering degree required.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on technical experience and expertise with emphasis on security and risk management in one or more of the following technologies: ERP Systems, business applications, Cloud (Saas, PaaS, Azure/AWS, Ansible), software engineering (integration and API), Windows, Unix, Oracle, SQL Server or network components such as firewalls, routers and switches.
- Requires 30%-40% domestic and international travel with trip durations up to 3-4 weeks.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.