Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Application Support Data Analyst located in Pascagoula Refinery , Pascagoula , Mississippi . Thru July 17th, 2018.
The Asset Data Support Pascagoula team provides application technical support for the Maintenance and Reliability management and support systems of the Pascagoula refinery.
Key Job Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Support refinery and Asset Data Information Management (ADIM) instructions (025) and associated processes maintaining equipment data accurately in Maintenance & Reliability (M&R) systems through phases of asset lifecycle management involving submissions for new adds, changes to existing or replacements, and decommissions. This position is core to the work process and is responsible for long term data integrity in M&R systems.
- Collect, validate, track and integrate equipment data such as registry, bill of materials, technical specifications, inspection, preventive maintenance and documentation management.
- First-level ADIM Help Desk support of Manufacturing ADIM information technology systems such as computerized maintenance management system (Maximo,) enterprise reliability management system (Meridium,) Operational Excellence and Reliability Intelligence (OERI,) Reliability Information Management System (RIMS) reporting and Add/Change/Delete governance applications, working with and escalating to global IT central support organization
- Represent Pascagoula on Manufacturing Change Advisory Boards (CABs) and work to support all Manufacturing initiatives through the global IT central support organization.
- Work with other sites’ ADIM teams and Reliability Center of Excellence to support standardization and digitalization of ADIM processes and tools across Manufacturing and the company
- Compile and present data in work with other Manufacturing departments and vendors to continue work process enhancement/development ensuring work process sustainability in asset management
- Support ADIM refinery training efforts including development and delivery of M&R application training as dictated by Manufacturing
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- 5 years petrochemical experience
- Comprehension of piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Knowledge of equipment types, nomenclature, uses and parts, and ability to comprehend need for data changes
- Proficient in computer usage including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Ability to comprehend data sharing between multiple information technology systems. Capable to analyze data for issue resolution. Ability to export and manage data.
- Capable to deliver basic training to individuals; capable to create and deliver effective written and oral communications
- Strong teamwork skills
- Maximo, Meridium or AssetHub experience
- 5 years information technology (IT) experience
- SQL query skills
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Hattiesburg
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.