Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Thailand Exploration and Production, Ltd is accepting online applications for the position of Social Performance Specialist located in Bangkok, Bangkok /Thailand through July 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The PGPA Social Performance (SP) practitioner facilitates the development of a common understanding, business approach and process for addressing stakeholder engagement (SE), social performance (SI), and social impact management (SIM) for Chevron.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manages individual SI programs, including M&E of grantees’ programs and budgets
- Manages and maintain network of internal and external stakeholders
- Leads project teams for small short-term SP projects
- Leads research and analysis to develop SI Plan and partnerships
- Leads research and analysis for local SE planning, including public consultation and baseline studies
- Develops internal and external SP communications strategies and content
- Identifies stakeholder issues, determines significance, and makes recommendations for addressing them
- Monitors SP trends and emerging issues to identify better tools and methods
- Monitors and coordinates SI budget with profit centers
- Minimum 5-10 years proven Social Performance expertise with a demonstrated understanding and experience in stakeholder engagement and social investment
- Familiar with Social Performance management systems with a focus on social impact assessment and stakeholder engagement
- Experience in managing small project teams
- Able to work independently, operate at both a strategic level, as well as at tactical (implementation) level
- Ability to communicate with all levels of leadership and staff
- Willingness to be part of a team and support other ASBU PGPA team members as required
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, including ability to foster collaboration between diverse partners
- Able to travel, domestically and internationally
- Very good command of written and spoken English (TOEIC score above 800 points with 2 years validity)
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with multi-disciplinary groups in a clear, concise, understandable manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and actively participate in community and stakeholder consultation meetings
- Ability to work collaboratively, foster cooperation and teamwork with a diverse group of people
- Ability to rapidly adjust to changing conditions and priorities
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.